opinions please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions please

I was looking in the paper in the classifieds at cars and i found a 2000 firehawk. The car is black, t-tops, leather, perfect condition, and the only thing that is making me second guess this is the miles. The things got just over 100k. Any input on buying a car with that many miles would be good. the guys asking price is 12k. thanks
    99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
    93 TA A4, sold

Originally posted by G Fry33
    I was looking in the paper in the classifieds at cars and i found a 2000 firehawk. The car is black, t-tops, leather, perfect condition, and the only thing that is making me second guess this is the miles. The things got just over 100k. Any input on buying a car with that many miles would be good. the guys asking price is 12k. thanks
    sure, how about this one, more collectable, less miles, almost the same price...... flawless.

http://www.renokeo.com/hawksell.html

never been to the track. my wifes car .

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I would stay away from that car. Even though they can last for a while longer that seems like an awful lot. I would take Ken's before that one. At least you know he's taken great care of the car inside and out
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I think you need to consider how many miles a year you would drive it. 100k is a lot to start with if you are going to be driving it a lot. Is it going to be a daily driver or a weekend cruiser? My $0.02; I would not buy a car with 100k miles on the clock. You could find a nice LS1 for that price with less miles. Not a Hawk and probably not a WS6 or SS, but for a couple of thousand more your options are opened up. Remember....it is foolish to pay too much, but it is stupid to pay to little.

If I didn't have a T/A I would buy Ken's in a heartbeat.
        2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
        buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
        Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

I agree...stuff starts falling apart at 100k. And as time quickly passes, much much more will break, as you probably already know. Mine seemed to go in spurts...at 60k, 5 years old, it had its share of stuff to replace. Now at 110k, 11 years, everything else wants to rip apart.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

thanks for the input, im just exploring my options right now.
            99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
            93 TA A4, sold

Comment

Mines got 140k miles on it and I have not had a single problem with in 2 years, not one well the intake leaks but thats been happening since I bought it cause i'm afraid to fix it.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                Mines got 140k miles on it and I have not had a single problem with in 2 years, not one well the intake leaks but thats been happening since I bought it cause i'm afraid to fix it.
                Same here Gimp19, I had her for 2 years now.
                1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

That's a whole lot of miles for a 2000, my 89 formula350 had just turned 100000 2 years ago when I bought it. Then one year later the engine blew
                  1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

A lot depends on what you want to use it for. If you're looking for collector's value, 100k is too much for a 2000 collector's car... especially at that price. I would seriously consider Ken's Firehawk. It's definitely taken care of, less were made, and you know it's got to be up to around 2,000 coats of Zaino by now.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                    X