springs and shocks.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springs and shocks.....

Who makes the most stiff springs and shocks for 1999 camaro's? I have been looking at koni's single adjustable and eibach pro-kit springs. I have been looking around and I am really not sure who to choose because there are so many options so any advice here would be a lot of help. I am probably going to order them from lmperformance.com because they have so many choices but any other products at a different website would help me out. Thanks guys you guys have been a great help for all my prior questions so I thought I might as well ask another one lol.
    Nick
    1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

you could look into the Koni Yellows .. they are adjustable so you might be able to see the stiffness a little better. I have the eibach pros (I think) they drop the car 1.25" and it feels pretty stiff ... I love them. From what I remember I wouldn't drop the car on lower springs since it could make like difficult.
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

are these the shocks you are taking about??? http://www.lmperformance.com/788/13.html
      Also I ment to say eibach sportlines because I heard they were more stiff than the pro-kit
      1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

Comment

no the Konis I was talking about are double adjustable ... they are pricey but top notch.

I understand your quest for stiffness but you also need to think about ride height and driveability. I can't remembe which but as I mentioned mine are a 1.25 drop from stock ride height. I think the other one is somewhere like 1.5 or 1.75 and that could cause trouble with the geometry of the suspension and make it a real pain in the axx geeing up driveways .... over speed bumps ...etc. You could also got to Injuneer's site . he is a member and look at his coil overs. That might give you a good set of options to think about.

With the changes I made to my suspension ... It got to be stiff ...almost bonejarring stiff and in some respects thats not a fun ride. Everything in moderation ...
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
        X