Another WAX question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another WAX question

I was just wondering if any of you have ever used the color wax. I know all of you are big Zaino fans, as am I, but I was wondering if that color wax really filled in scratches. I know turtle wax has some, and was thinking maybe it would hide some scratches I have on my black car. What do you all think?

Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
    I was just wondering if any of you have ever used the color wax. I know all of you are big Zaino fans, as am I, but I was wondering if that color wax really filled in scratches. I know turtle wax has some, and was thinking maybe it would hide some scratches I have on my black car. What do you all think?

Jeff
    junk man. full of silicones and abrasives......

it will wash right off first time.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Tried the stick wax/fill-in. Had a Simonize detailer guy look at my black Firebird, and he said he could make it look showroom...traded it too soon to find out, but he questioned most of the OTC stuff---'course, that's his biz.

He did say that many/most of minor could be buffed-out. Hardest are rain deposits (leafs being left sitting on car/bird droppings, etc...)

Comment

With over 25 years of detailing experience, I'll give you the rundown of what you are talking about. Colored wax is just like women's makeup. It can be used to temporarily hide blemishes. Small crevaces collect whatever products that you apply and when dry, usually turn chalky white. That's what makes the scratches and such really stand out. The theory behind the colored wax is that when the stuff dries, it is closer to the paint color it blends better.

Does it work? Yes
        Does it wash off? Yes

The best idea is to completey wash down the car several times with dawn dishwashing liquid to remove all traces of any wax still present. Then go through a multi-step blemish cleaning and touch up using approprite paint, followed by a smoothing and polish of the repaired area. Follow up with the correct applications of Zaino and the result will look better and last longer than any "makeup" type repair. If this isn't within your current level of skill, in a pinch you can use the colored wax, immediatly followed by a coat of a non wax based polish. It lasts a hair longer, but the doctored area still won't have the look of a properly touched up blemish. If you need guidance in doing the proper repairs, send me a pm and I'll help you out.

Comment

Working...
        X