Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy fried day

mornin.

MicroSh!# screwed up my eve last night, along with Dell.... some "video update" came in.(microsoft update) (little yellow shield with "!" on it...click it yada yada...) ..if you have a dell flat screen monitor suddenly your screen goes black with tiny words that read "this video cannot be displayed".... got dell on the phone after 1/2 wait.. they guy said he's had a ton of calls, but only from people with flat screens ..not regular monitors... we went over all kinds of stuff.. guy couldnt fix it.... thought he could... what a ding bat...had me do a system restore...that didnt do it... why? cause he had me "restart" instead of "reboot" (didnt know this till later)

.. then he told me the only way to fix it was to "gut my computer" and then reinstall EVERYTHING. i told him that was stupid and unacceptable... i got tons of word doc's (downloaded backup discs though and norton, spyware programs...yada yada..this is gong to create a ton of work for me..all because of a microsoft update?!!!!! COME ON!!

he said..."your hard drive had been reconfigured"... I said "i dont get it.....how?" . he then said "well..you have the 'hardware' section of dell on the phone here, let me transfer you to software (an hr and 45min had gone by already with just him).... we got disconnected during the "transfer"...
    im thinking........"wait... if you do a restore...then the only way thats gonna take affect is if you reboot the computer...turn the d@mn thing completely off...............not "restart" windows....

so i restored to the day before, rebooted.............and all is fixed........

microsoft suks
    dell suks.........

a novice repairs his own computer.........

evening wasted, dogs didnt understand why i couldnt play with em...

was coordinating 2 rescues last night..had to do it by phone...while all this was going on..........

dont know if i can get to skyline tomorrow...depends on what happens this eve with the remaining wolfdogs from Blackwolf rescue..

yall have a good day.. im going to....going to the gym at lunch and play like the machines are microsoft and dell.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

That really sucks. I'll have to keep in mind not to click the update. I have a Dell with a flat screen monitor at home.

Lemme guess, Ken... The person who took your call said their name was something like "Justin" or "Steve", but in reality, their name is Apu.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Ken, that sucks. I was planning to order a new laptop from Dell, but now I dunno...

P.S. -Do you still stay in touch with Camms, maybe he would of been better help?
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Ahhh, and to think...computers make everything SO much easier AND faster

Forget Dell & Microsoft! I can't stand tech support of any kind. Usually starts out with all of the 'options', and then a long wait, etc.

I've had to do 2 system restores on my comp that's only 2 yrs. old. Lost a yrs. worth of pics, that weren't backed up. They said it'll be like $800.00 dollars to send my hard drive to CA, to get the corrupted files back

Have had my share of tech support this week; bought a new (2nd) computer, and upgraded to cable high speed modem. Then decided to go wireless with a Linksky. I've talked to tech support more than my family. One night after talking to someone from India for 45 min. and still not working, I hung up the phone. Unplugged modem and Linksy wireless, and ta-da- It's ALIVE!

Tehc support stinks (for the most part anyway)

Anyway, I can feel your pain...

Comment

Working...
        X