Very important message to all...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very important message to all...

From Scott Settlemire.... one heck of a fine person for those who have never met him:

this email came in, read the thread he posted at chirpthird forum....
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good afternoon, all,

Many of you have emailed or called me in the past weeks with questions as
    to my 'take' on what's happening in the auto industry....and more
    specifically, what's happening to GM. (you can't seem to open a newspaper
    these days without gloom and doom at GM)

I don't mean to minimize what's happening at GM, but I can assure you it
    isn't as bad as many would like you to believe.

What bothers me more are the accusations and statements made by many that
    have no idea of the inner workings of the auto industry ...........

............... (can you say "armchair quarterback???)

Thus, rather than fill your mailbox with my ramblings, I thought I'd post
    an address where you can, if you wish, get my take on WHY I'm PROUD to be a
    GM Employee....................

Have a safe weekend......and
    remember..........seatbelts.......everytime....... .no excuses!

Here's the address

http://www.chirpthird.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2391

Scott

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

All interesting points in Scott's thread. I liked the fact that he said there is a V8 RWD Coupe coming from GM. We all know that GM is having it's problems, but IMO, they are still putting out a lot of good cars, as well as having a huge variety of vehicles to choose from for your needs. It seems like lately the trend is to just bash on GM, and everyone's been jumping on the wagon to do so.

Take a look at history, many successful companies have had its slumps at one time or another. Hopefully this will be the drive for GM to put out things that blowout the competition in several categories. I still say that for a newer performance RWD car, I would take a GTO (with the sport appearance package) over a charger or mudstain any day. Sure it may not have the looks that the old school GTO's did, but what car does have its old looks. The new charger and mustangs are a disgrace in comparison to what they used to look like years ago.

Hopefully GM can pull through all of this with flying colors. I still have faith.....

Just my couple pennies worth
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I don't recall any other company ever laying off 25,000 workers. I love my car, but I have NO brand loyalty, for endless reasons. DO YOU HEAR THIS SCOTT!!! WAKE UP GM!

Comment

Interesting reading .... He seems to personify why GM is in the mess it is in. Really there is nothing wrong ... we are doing a great job .. see we are 4th overall. If second place is first loser then what is 4th?

2004 reached 65% satisfaction .. soooooo then 35% unsatisfied is the mark of success????

I am not sure how many cars are in the GM stable but if only three cars from those three plants shows a winning combination then I must be missing something.

Big deal .. 2nd in satisfaction ... they still suck ..... these dealers see a car like ours and they run .... Not ONE dealer that has looked at my car has made any extra effort. They come up with reasons not to figure it out once they see you have moded the car.

This guy is nuts ... perhaps he should look at the state of the American auto industry if those companies he singled out were not here ....How many of his fellow workers would even have a job. I guess he feels it better that they kick our axx from a distance.....

I could go on but I want to go home

He is in denial just like the company in general.
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
        X