Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OPTI install is complete - Thanks to all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OPTI install is complete - Thanks to all.

Today I finally finished wrapping things up on my '95 Trans Am. What started out nearly 2 weeks ago as a simple ignition upgrade turned out to be nearly a 1k upgrade/ preventive maintenance (somewhat of a) fiasco.

2 weeks ago today I went and bought a set of MSD wires, an MSD 6A unit, MSD Blaster coil, NGK plugs and a set of Eiback Pro Kit lowering springs. I had the springs installed the next day and 1 hour after returning from having them done I was attempting to do the plugs (we all know how much fun that is huh?) Anyway with quite a few suggestions from the guys on this board and camaroz28.com I ended changing the Opti and water pump seals, replaced the water pump and installed a new Optispark unit. While in there I did the TB bypass and cleaned out the TB itself.

All in all it was worth it after taking it for its' maiden voyage today. It is much more responsive than before and most importantly with the swapping out of the water pump and Opti unit it should be good for a long time (fingers crossed).

Again, thanks to all who gave input. I especially want to thank Shoebox for his infinite wisdom of the F-body and most importantly the best and most informative F-body website on the net. I ran from my car to my PC atleast a dozen times looking for help/tips/tricks and/or insight from Shoebox's site. ~~ thanks~~

I attached a few pix too.
    Attached Files

good work and way to go ...... nothing like a plan coming together
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

that car is beautiful. Pure beauty. Love the rims. Chrome 'em
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Good Job! - and that's a nice looking car!

Comment

Beautiful.

Did you paint the tonnau cover for the top red or did it come that way?
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Glad your rollin' and that is a nice looking car.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Very nice 95 vert! Red on black is one of my favorites.

Comment

Thanks for the Props guys. I had the tonneau cover painted to match the car. As usual I like to differentiate myself from the rest.

I enjoy the car allot. It is a damn shame GM killed the F-body off.

Take care!

Comment

Working...
                X