T-Top Shades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Top Shades

I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried these or something like them, and what they think of them. Because I love my t-tops and all, but damn if my A/C just can't keep up with all the heat being sucked in by the three hundred square feet of glass on the car...

http://www.carmotorsports.com/t-topshades.htm

Edit: BTW, these are double the price of some others I found, just the cleanest site to show what I was talking about...

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

I have seen the factory ones sell on E-Bay. Some for as little as $10 for a pair.
    Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

I have the factory shades and leave them installed most of the time since I don't drive in the winter when having them off would be a big help to warm the car.

Comment

I install mine for the summer. It gets extremely hot here in the south and its just not comfortable in the car without them.
        2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

I have them, usually put them in on hot days. If it's 90 degrees or higher, I generally just leave it in the garage anyway. I would recommend them.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks guys. You're a big help, as always. Anyone wanna sell me some? I'm lookin to pay around $20. Found some on ebay for that much, but I trust you guys more.

*Pam*

Comment

I just got new ones, mine were a little dirty. But they are tan. I have a 99 FB.

Comment

I think i have two pairs laying around sealed in a plastic bag in the basement. we never installed them in my CompTA or the Firehawk....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have an 86 TA... I think they're a different shape than the 4th gen shades...

*Pam*

Comment

Wolfman,
                    Care to sell those shades?. Im local and will pick them up.
                    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

I had a 91 and 92 bird and the OEM shades sucked. I mean, it blocked the sun and all and worked like the supposed to, but the fabric and foam started to drap like headliners. One the otherside, the paint started to flake cuz of the heat.

New 4th gen shades are 100x better. Much more durable...

I understood what GM tried to do, making everything a lil more luxo, but it was durable at all...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                      X