Gotta love Pepboys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Pepboys

So I went there today to buy some misc parts for my car. I asked the guy at the desk about which bulbs I needed for my taillights. He starts dialing in his computer and asked me my make and model. "94 Pontiac Trans Am", I said. "4 cylinder or 6", he asked.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Manny Moe and Jerk. I hate that place.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Did you tell him, "neither, it's a 5."

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
        So I went there today to buy some misc parts for my car. I asked the guy at the desk about which bulbs I needed for my taillights. He starts dialing in his computer and asked me my make and model. "94 Pontiac Trans Am", I said. "4 cylinder or 6", he asked.
        lmao, why they hire people that ignorant is beyond me.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

You should have told him that you swapped in a Honda VTEC four banger.
          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

You could have told him you have 2 four cylinders molded together.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Ha If you are dummer than dirt you still need a job so why not work at a parts store you fit in with 85% of the others that work there.

Comment

Yea, I should of messed with the guy. Like Amy said, it's a five LOL!
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

or . . . . "What's a cylinder????"
                  Darrin C
                  '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                  07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Better still,,,, What the heck does the engine have to do with the taillights?!?!?!?!?! Do you get brighter lights with the bigger engine? Or maybe, you need a parts guy that does more than read what's on the stupid computer!!!

I hate going into parts stores now, I was a parts guy for years after working in the shop, and they just aggravate me. I had to teach the last one how to check the top charge on a battery with a voltmeter!! After I showed him what a voltmeter was!!

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                    95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                    Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

LOL,

I would have said ... "Does that have anything to do with my verbatim levels?"

Comment

lol u should have been like "does it matter if its diesel?!?!" lol thos idiots work at all the auto parts stores across america cuz ive gotten some stupid stuff questions too.
                        1967 Camaro "Project"
                        1972 Chevelle "454"
                        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

You also should of told him that your blinker fluid was low and that you needed more as well... I'm sure he would of got the managers help for that one...
                          86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
                          Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

Granted that most of those bozos don't know squat, their computer system is what is really screwing people up. The computer system does not have the TransAm listing..... it's under Firebird. When you go to the counter, they start with "Pontiac", they don't see "Trans Am" but they see "Grand Am" and they "assume" you mean the same. A pretty lame system, but it's what they are using.

Just call it a Firebird anywhere except a GM dealer and you'll be fine. Call it a Trans Am and every moron behind the counter will get lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              Granted that most of those bozos don't know squat, their computer system is what is really screwing people up. The computer system does not have the TransAm listing..... it's under Firebird. When you go to the counter, they start with "Pontiac", they don't see "Trans Am" but they see "Grand Am" and they "assume" you mean the same. A pretty lame system, but it's what they are using.

Just call it a Firebird anywhere except a GM dealer and you'll be fine. Call it a Trans Am and every moron behind the counter will get lost.

Yup. I hate to admit it, but I worked as a technician and service writer at Pep Boys while I was going to college. Yes, they are idiots (what do you want for 6 bucks an hour?) and yes the computer systems are not very good and are filled with errors and misinformation.

My best friend (and roomate) and I worked there for 3 years though. What a blast! Ive got more stories from Pep Boys to keep me smiling for years to come ....One of my favorites was when he and I did a set of tires on a cavalier for a customer. We literally could do a set of tires in 10 minutes (2 guys, 2 of each machine, 4 tires, mounted, balanced - 10 minutes.) We used to make a game of how fast we could do it when working together. Anyways, we did these tires and handed the work order in to the writer. THe customer was and shopping and keeping an eye on the parking lot to see is his car was finished. After an hour and half of the customer makes his way around to the service desk and asks the writer where the H*** is his car. The writer calls me up and I tell him it was done over an hour ago. The customer tells me his car never left the parking spot.....of course I say "thats impossible.....its done....we had it done ten minutes after we got the keys." So, I went out to show the customer his new tires and the car I worked on was GONE! The customers car was still there, unmoved. We finally figured out that his keys started another Cavalier in the lot...same year...everything. We mounted four tires on another customer's car while they were in buying parts. Whoever it was drove away with four BRAND NEW tires and didnt even know it! What are the chances of that happening?? We laughed for days on that one!
                              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                              X