How much is a 350 TBI worth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a 350 TBI worth?

How much is a 350 TBI GM crate motor worth. It has around 70-80K miles and it tests with 130 psi in all cylinders. It comes with all of the belt driven acessories along with the TB, HEI, harness, and PCM.

I bought a '87 Suburban as a donor vehicle for my Blazer, and I am parting out everything that I don't need. The Suburban is in excellent shape except that the tranny needs to be rebuilt so I should make money on it; I only paid $800 for a 4X4 This guy is the poster child for car abuse though which is sad after he spent $6,000 in '95 to put this motor and rebuilt tranny in it. The engine oil looked great but the tranny was so bad that is stopped pumping fluid. I about died when I disconnected the tranny cooler line, and nothing came out. I droped the pan, and I could spoon out the gunk. The filter was completely clogged, and gunk oozed out. It looked like well cooked 90W gear oil....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADD!!
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

You might want to check your post. 97 Suburban, spent 6g's in 95 to put a motor in it, totally lost me for a second.

I assume you meant an 87 Suburban.

How does it run? How much are you looking to get for it?
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Opps on the year! It runs great! I am in the process of doing a compression test on it. #s 2,4,6, and 8 are testing in the 130psi range so as long as 1,3,5, and 7 are good; it should be a really strong motor. I am hoping to get between $400-$600 for the whole thing with PCM, harness, Accessories etc. Think this would be fair?

I thought about putting it in the 'Blazer with a cam and my intake, carb, and HEI, but I really want to build a stroker for it.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Price doesn't sound too bad considering what all you get, but the only people that will be in the market for it are ones who already have all the PCM and stuff and just want a complete motor.

You might want to look into keeping it. That should be an L05 motor, and they make stuff for it. You can bolt Vortec heads from a late model truck on them, and get an intake from Edelbrock that will allow you to run the TBI. This gives you I think 75 more horsepower than the stock motor, because the L05 heads suck as far as modding goes. Check around on some 9C1 forums (Chevy Caprice police car) and some full size truck forums for the information.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
        X