oxygen sensor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxygen sensor

What does up stream and down stream mean with oxygen sensors. Up stream before converter, downstream after?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Yup...

You hit it right on the nose. The "upstream" sensors before the cats. take a reading. The "downstream" sensors after the cats. verify that the corrections made where adequate and that the cats are working/present. It's a checks and balances kinda thing...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

FWIW - Jeff, your 95 non kalif. car has 2 before cat O2 sensors...

Comment

Actually I was reffering to my wife's mini van not the Z. I asked the service writer which sensor it was and he said down stream. I said is that the one before or after. He said I don't know. He wasn't too swift. I was impressed with the whole operation. Especially when the guy came squeeling around the corner in her van. Won't go back there. Chrysler dealership. Total opposite from the Chevy dealership.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

WOW, normally its the exact opposite for me! I've never had ANYTHING good to say about any GM stealership I've went to...Dodge on the other hand has always treated me like a real customer.

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird
          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
          X