Performing an A/C delete?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performing an A/C delete?

I want to yank out my A/C unit since it's useless and apparently impossible to fix (plus i just like having the windows open more). What would i need to do and what would i need in order to pull the system out without disturbing anything else?
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

The only thing you will need is the "1LE A/C delete pulley".... bolts to the engine accessory mounting plate to replace the A/C compressor pulley, so the serpentine belt system still works. Compressor comes out, condensor from in front of the radiator, all the lines and the dryer bottle. I left the evaporator, since it requires removal of the dash and the heater core to remove it. It does open up the back of the engine compartment a lot if you remove it, because then you can delete the box that bolts to the firewall, and replace it with a pre-fab block-off plate from Billingsley.

So far I figure maybe 50# weight reduction, and a bit more room to work on the passenger side of the engine.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Would now be a good time to change my pully's? I want to get some quick horsepower in addition to the weight lost. I'm hoping to do this within the next few weeks.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I just did this. Easy to do. There is a guy on ebay out of South Florida that sells the 1le ac delete pully. Thats where I got mine. The compressor was a pain to remove.
        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
          Would now be a good time to change my pully's? I want to get some quick horsepower in addition to the weight lost. I'm hoping to do this within the next few weeks.
          The HP gains from going to an under drive crank pulley are minimal on an LT1. The belt doesn't drive much, no water pump, no AIR pump, so the potential gains are small. If you delete the A/C, the only things left are the power steering pump, the alternator and two idler pullies. Using a "bolt-on" pulley would add to rotating mass. So to get the maximum, you would need something like the ASP integrated damper/pulley, which replaces the entire damper.

Kieth at ws6.com did a dyno test of an U/D pulley, and saw a gain of 0.7 peak HP.... less than 1 HP. "Average" gains were a bit higher, but peak was not even large enough to rule out the variability in the dyno pull.

I had the ASP U/D crank and alternator pullies, and saw no gains, and had problems with the charging system.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hey, I need to do the same. My AC lock-up two days a go. I would like to know what is the cost for that IE AC delete part?

Comment

I paid 50 something bucks for mine.
              96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Hey, I'm at work and this computer blocks ebay site. So do you have a email address where you purchase the AC delete part?

Comment

Here is there website http://www.tacreationsusa.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X