Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to the mountains this past weekend...scratched my car's nose...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the mountains this past weekend...scratched my car's nose...

My wife and I went to Banff this past weekend for her brother's wedding. Banff is a national park in Alberta, Canada and is located amongst the Rocky Mountains. It was beautiful, but a little rainy. Anyway, I had a couple of mis-adventures with my car while we were there. First, the Camaro is still throwing the false code about the "Fuel Evap" that the dealership was going to re-calibrate the computer for free to get rid of it, until I told them that I was going to replace the ignition control control module myself. Geez, I already had paid them $250.00 just to read the codes and tell me what was wrong. You'd think that would have been enough to warrant a quick re-program for free, but oh well. Anyway, so the SES light is on, and it is annoying me, so I decide to reset it. So, I pull the PCM fuse and wait a bit, then replace it......no dice, still on. So then I think, "Maybe the key has to be turned on when I remove the fuse." Bad idea.....after doing that, when I start it up, it runs rough as crap and the Reduced Engine Power light is on. I freak....I think I screwed up my ignition again. So, I shut it off and wait..."Let the computer reset" I think. I start it up, runs great, but the SES light is still on. WHEW....Oh well.....it's not so annoying now. LOL
    Then, yesterday morning we were all packed and headed out, just stopping at the Bride and Groom's hotel to say bye and stuff. I am pulling into a parking spot and just happened to pick the one that a big freaking rock was in front of, just past the curb. I am so used to just letting the nose hang over the cub that I neglect to take into account the stupid rock. So...now I have deep scratches and scrapes along the bottom of the fascia. I am going to try to see if I can get them buffed out. Anyone know by chance how much it should cost if I were to get it re-painted? I feel like such a moron....I had the car all beautiful and Zaino'ed just two weeks ago, and now this. It's just depressing.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Sorry to hear about the car.

A good friend of mine had the nose of his '94 Camaro repainted about two years back. He went to the best, but one of the most expensive body shops in our area. It ran him $1,500 American. I should also mention that his car was red, which is known for weak pigments. The rest of his car had faded a bit from being outside all the time. It took the painter a little extra time to tint the paint to match. Red is usually a little more for spot repair for just that reason.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

no autozone? 250 just to scan!? whoa! Yike dude...you could have paid a lil more and bought a scanner and done everything yourself. How long has the SES light been on?

Indeed...spot painting is more...I got some quotes to get my bumpers repainted and trust me, it's expensive. "Red is a very hard color to blend".

Don't sit on those repairs...before you know it, you're up to your neck in misc. repairs and the such. like me...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
        My wife and I went to Banff this past weekend for her brother's wedding. Banff is a national park in Alberta, Canada and is located amongst the Rocky Mountains.
        Sweet you were in my back yard!

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade