Zaino

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino

Hey. i have seen Wolfmans car with Zaino and it looks awesome. I am jsut curious where i can get this stuff and which type to get? Also what is there to it to put it on etc. Can someone please inform me o nthe little details o nthis and where to get it? Thanks

1999 Trans Am A4
    Suncoast WS6 hood and Ram Air, Borla, UD pully, MAF, Hotchkis SFC's and STB, Eibach Sportlines, 18" Privat Fahrens, and Zaino of course

www.zainostore.com

There is a section on the site called "application". It is very informative and definitely worth a read.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Cool so if i were to buy the whole kit thing they have for $85 id be set? All you do is use the clay bar thing the first time to get the car clean and wax and junk free? Than you apply the accelerating and than the z-2pro or z-5. Than if you get caught in rain or get dirty you use the z7 car wash to wash it (does that like clean it and still keep the polish on or soemthing?) and than you can use the z-6 spray to enhance the gloss or continue applying z2pro pr z5 coats? So you hardly need to use the clay bar or acceleator but it is a must for first time? Thats what i got out of it. Correct me if i am wrong. im thinking about buying that $85 total protection kit. thanks

1999 Trans Am A4
      Suncoast WS6 hood and Ram Air, Borla, UD pully, MAF, Hotchkis SFC's and STB, Eibach Sportlines, 18" Privat Fahrens, and Zaino of course

Comment

Originally posted by Superman09
        Cool so if i were to buy the whole kit thing they have for $85 id be set? All you do is use the clay bar thing the first time to get the car clean and wax and junk free? Than you apply the accelerating and than the z-2pro or z-5. Than if you get caught in rain or get dirty you use the z7 car wash to wash it (does that like clean it and still keep the polish on or soemthing?) and than you can use the z-6 spray to enhance the gloss or continue applying z2pro pr z5 coats? So you hardly need to use the clay bar or acceleator but it is a must for first time? Thats what i got out of it. Correct me if i am wrong. im thinking about buying that $85 total protection kit. thanks
        Hey! Beautiful car, man! The kit will definitely get you going with the essentials. I would first wash the car with blue liquid dawn to remove all of the old wax or polish. Only use it the first time, though cause it will remove Zaino too! Then use the clay bar to remove any and all surface contaminants. Then you will be mixing the ZFX accelerant with the Z-2/Z-5 before applying. I would recommend going with the Z-5 for you car considering it is black. The Z-5 will fill the swirls and keep it looking nice and glassy. The Z-2 will improve the shine, but considering that black shows swirls so well, us black car owners with a budget are best to just use the Z-5. Anyway, then you guessed it, the Z-7 car wash is just used for normal washing like any other car wash, only it contains a bit of the polish and is super-concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way. Z-6 is used between coats of the polish to get the surface extra clean and ready for the polish, and as a quick dusting aid between washes.
        The claybar only really needs to be used once or twice a year over the whole car, but I find it useful to remove bug guts, tar, sap, and other crap that is hard to get off of your paint. You were generally right in what you got out of the read, just a couple of mis-understandings. I hope this helps. If you need further info or quick tips, just ask away. There are lots of Zaino experts on here who can help. Also, feel free to PM me if you need any help at all once you are getting ready to use it. And believe it or not, you can e-mail Sal Zaino himself and get a pretty prompt answer usually from the guy who invented it. He phoned me the first time I had a question for him. Great guy and great product. Good luck and enjoy it!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

If you're going to use the claybar, yu don't need to wash with Dawn. The clay bar will remove wax, gunk, fallout, even paint overspray from running over freshly painted lines and what-not. Using the claybar will remove all wax, even zaino, so use it only when neccessary. The Z1 can be used every 10 coats or so. Or if you're going to sue the ZFX, you can use it every 10 coats or so or whenever you're going to be applying more than one coat in 24 hours. I'd get the kit, it's got everything ou need. You may want to get an additional bottle or 2 of the wash (z7) and spray (z6)... they go quick. And yes, Z7 is specially formulated to wash without removing the zaino.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Hello, ok sounds good. One more question. Now when my car gets a little dirty or dusty from crap i nthe air, do i need to use the wash and wash it all or can i jsut spray o nthe z6 and wipe it off or will this scratch the paint? Thanks.

1999 Trans Am A4

Comment

Ok, so if you have black are you better off to just use the Z5 and SKIP the Z2? I want shinny shinny black, so I am better off to just use the Z2 right? Can't you put a coat of Z5 on top of the Z2 if you notice swirls? or no?
              One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

To answer superman, if it's a light dust from cruising, you can just Z6 it if you're using very soft, cotton cloths. I usually used a california duster first, then z6.

For Jeff, Z2 and Z5 are interchangeable, so you can switch back and forth no prob. It has been said that Z5 is better all-around for dark colored cars though. You certainly won't hurt anything by using Z-2, or alternating layers of Z2 and Z5.
                Dave M

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
                  Ok, so if you have black are you better off to just use the Z5 and SKIP the Z2? I want shinny shinny black, so I am better off to just use the Z2 right? Can't you put a coat of Z5 on top of the Z2 if you notice swirls? or no?
                  z2, z2Pro, and Z5 are all compatable...in fact, for our Firehawk, i historically mixed 1/2 to 1/2 z2 and z5.... when i noticed the swirls more so, straight z5.

on the claying thing, although Dave is right, if you clay you dont need to wash with dawn first.. i prefer to anyway ... why? because then the clay bar doesnt get gunked up with the old wax comming off... stays tacky and new longer...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well, CRAPOLA lol! I ordered some more Z2, when I should have ordered Z5 instead lol.. I still actually have a relatively new bottle of Z5, however, I didn't realize it was still in the garage and it froze last winter. It actually seems fine right now, but i'm not sure if I can still use it, or if I should just toss it and get a new bottle of the stuff. What do you all suggest?

Thanks,
                    Jeff
                    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

Ken will know better than I, but I believe if it has frozen, it's no longer good. Or at least not up to Zaino standards. I believe it has a shelf life of a year, also. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ken.
                      Dave M

Comment

I just went to zainostore.com to order the kit for my Brother.... and it's closed for maintenance!!!

Now how will he protect his truck? They should have a backup website for just such an occasion!!!

This is the sort of thing that drives people to... dare I say it.... Carnuba!!!
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                          Ken will know better than I, but I believe if it has frozen, it's no longer good. Or at least not up to Zaino standards. I believe it has a shelf life of a year, also. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ken.
                          it has a shelf life of at least two years, if not longer....

but your'e right, if it froze and rethawed...its history now...that will ruin most detailing products no matter who makes em.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Hello so i should also invest i nthe cali duster? y only concern is from crusing and basic driving i get some crap on my car such as some dirt, dust, etc and am scared to jsut wipe it off and scratch the paint? I also heard some dusters scratch the paint? If the cali duste ris as good as i hear it to be i should use that first to wipe the car off, than jsut spray some z6? Thanks

1999 Trans Am A4

Comment

Definately get the california duster. They're only 10-15 bucks. Just don't press down when using it, let the weight of the duster do the work, and you'll be fine.
                              Dave M

Comment

Working...
                              X