Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love my t-tops, but hate crap in my eyes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my t-tops, but hate crap in my eyes!

When I drive with my tops off - it NEVER fails.. I end up getting about a hundred things in my eyes. And I always wear sunglasses. Still no dice, the crap still magically gets around the glasses & straight into my eyes. When I get to my destination, my eyes are redder than satan himself.

Anyone have any tips or found a way to keep the eye poop to a minimum?
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

ski mask???
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Leave the T-tops on

Me and the GF usually do not have that problem

oh and I'm 6'3" and I have Oakley Romeo's (X-metal) wrap around sunglasses (if these are factors)
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

How tall are you? I've never had that problem. My eyes fall almost even, but slightly below the top of the windshield frame. My only suggestion would be to pull your seat up a bit. Might be tough if you are too tall though.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Gotta luv the t-tops, but the junk in yours eyes would get old.

I've not had the problem either, but I'm only 5'2" and my seat is all the way forward, and therefor I sit kinda low.

Maybe try some kind of Oakley (or other brand) driving glasses, that have a slight wrap-around and closer fit. That's if you're not already using something like this.

Guess there's always motorcyle goggles/glasses.

Heck, couldn't stand having t's and not using them

Good luck

Comment

Just close your eyes while you drive!
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
              Just close your eyes while you drive!
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

Comment

heh.. good suggestions

I'm 6'1" and wear Oakley minute sunglasses. They kind of wrap around.

I'm going to try moving my seat position to lessen the forces of the cabin hurricane.
                99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                  heh.. good suggestions

I'm 6'1" and wear Oakley minute sunglasses. They kind of wrap around.

I'm going to try moving my seat position to lessen the forces of the cabin hurricane.
                  I'm 5'10", and seem to be just in the right spot to avoid stuff flying in my eyes. Moving your seat up might do it. Hope it works.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

"cr@p" in your eyes? where do you drive? Cammodeville?..............

never happend to me...and i drove all the way from here in VA to the Poncho Nats in Ohio without em on........3 years in a row.......

must be something to do with hight and seat position, judging from the posts here... although...i never noticed a bunch of foriegn stuff on the front of my shirt.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Leaving mine on one afternoon literaly kept crap out of my eye. I was gonna take then off because it was a nice afternoon, but I hopped in the car and took off forgetting about them. About 10 minutes later I was going down the highway and a big splat of bird dookie landed directly above my head. That would have sucked big time.
                      1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
                        ....dookie.....
                        He said "dookie". LOL
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Drive my 89 all the time in the summer with the tops off, and never get stuff in my eyes. Im 6'2".

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                          6.2L/382.97 ci
                          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                          WCT-5 speed
                          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                          Boss MS 18" Rims
                          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                          Custom Dual exhaust
                          1LE upgrade
                          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                            Drive my 89 all the time in the summer with the tops off, and never get stuff in my eyes. Im 6'2".
                            Wish I lived further north..... tops off in the summer here is like being in an oven, unless at night then its cool.
                            1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

I wish I had the opportunity to get crap in my eyes
                              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X