nfb: this is a hoot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: this is a hoot

To get the full effect, this should be read aloud. You will understand what 'tendjewberrymud' means by the end of the conversation! This has been nominated for best email of 2005. The following is a telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia, which was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review:

Room Service (RS): "Morny. Ruin sorbees."

Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."

RS: "Rye..Ruin sorbees..morny! Djewish to odor sunteen??"

G: "Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs."

RS: "Ouw July den?"

G: "What??"

RS: "Ouw July den?...pryd, boyd, poochd?"

G : "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please."

RS: "Ouw July dee baychem? Crease?"

G: "Crisp will be fine."

RS : "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"

G: "What?"

RS:"An toes. July Sahn toes?"

G: "I don't think so."

RS: "No? Judo sahn toes??"

G: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo sahn toes' means."

RS: "Toes! toes!...Why djew Don Juan toes? Ouw bow Anglish moppin we boter?"

G: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine. "

RS: "We boter?"

G: "No...just put the boter on the side."

RS: "Wad?"

G: "I mean butter...just put it on the side."

RS: "Copy?"

G: "Sorry?"

RS: "Copy...tea...mill?"

G: "Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all."

RS: "One Minnie. Scram egg, crease baychem, Anglish moppin we boter on sigh and copy....rye??"

G: "Whatever you say."

RS: "Tendjewberrymud."

G : "You're very welcome."

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

WOW I feel enlightened

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Reading aloud does help
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

try working on a base where 75% of the civilian workers are either korean or phillipino.

I live this email at least once a week.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Originally posted by wood
          try working on a base where 75% of the civilian workers are either korean or phillipino.

I live this email at least once a week.
          oh..I have...in fact, my home of record is Hawaii....and for a long time, i was the only caucasion kid in my neighborhood... lived in japan, did a tour in okinawa, korea, viet nam........... tell ya... Asian folks do a lot better job of picking up on our language then we do theirs...... got give em that for sure...and English is supposed to be one of the hardest languages to learn.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            oh..I have...in fact, my home of record is Hawaii....and for a long time, i was the only caucasion kid in my neighborhood...
            Eh! Me too! Lived there 24 years, from 3rd grade on...Father's family is local (Big Island and Maui)...he joined the AF...moved us back home to retire...

Reading this makes me homesick for Palolo Valley!

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
              Eh! Me too! Lived there 24 years, from 3rd grade on...Father's family is local...he joined the AF...moved us back home to retire...

Reading this makes me homesick for Palolo Valley!
              hey brah! da kin foster villiage idiot here! radford grad.........

place has really changed..waaaaaaaay too crowded now........

all my old surf spots...the secret ones..are no longer secret

Comment

hey brah! da kin foster villiage idiot here! radford grad.........

place has really changed..waaaaaaaay too crowded now........

all my old surf spots...the secret ones..are no longer secret
                Castle grad here, and HCC and UH Manoa.

I know what you mean. I watched it get crowded through the 70's and 80's. My Mother and 1 Sister still on Oahu, and a bunch of other relatives I realy don't know too well spread out on all the islands. Went back to visit last year and couldn't believe how much it had changed in 5 years (last time I went back).

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

oh..I have...in fact, my home of record is Hawaii....and for a long time, i was the only caucasion kid in my neighborhood... lived in japan, did a tour in okinawa, korea, viet nam........... tell ya... Asian folks do a lot better job of picking up on our language then we do theirs...... got give em that for sure...and English is supposed to be one of the hardest languages to learn.
                  Chinese was #1 hardest, then English. Note Chinese included dialects derived from it like Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese etc. Spanish was the easiest on the list I read. So that means it easier for them to learn English then for us to learn Chinese. There's something like 600 characters in Chinese. English only has 26.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                    There's something like 600 characters in Chinese. English only has 26.
                    600!!!!!

Wow, never knew that one....I wouldn't know where to start!
                    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

That actually sounds alot like a Cuban accent rather than Chinese....but who's counting.

Funny theless!

Comment

Working...
                      X