new transmission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new transmission

This tranny comes with a Mad Dog Reprograming Kit ,All new shift celinoids,high temp raybestos clutches,all new steels, bands bushings and rings, a 29 element sprag, heat treated sun shell, high temp pro series raybestos kevlar band and a corvette servo. This transmission also has had sonnax 1870 code updates, for both pump and valve body . stage 2 shift kit.i am getting a 1800-2300 stall, does that sound right for a car with a 373 rear end ratio? the trans is from maddog transmissions in florida its running me 1295 shipped. 1 year/12,000 mile warranty.
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

That sounds about a right for the price. I bought mine (which is nearly identical to yours) from roadmaster transmissions in schaumburg, IL for about $1,350 with a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty.

One suggestion.....while it's out, get a higher stall. My stall is a 2200, and I wish I would have gotten a 3000 before I put everything back together.
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

that is a bigger stall, a 1800-2300, what is everybody else running in their daily drivers?

95 trans am how much time in the quarter did you drop with your new tranny?

what should i expect to net?
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
        that is a bigger stall, a 1800-2300, what is everybody else running in their daily drivers?

95 trans am how much time in the quarter did you drop with your new tranny?

what should i expect to net?
        I know an 1800-2300 is a higher stall than stock....my suggestion was to go with an even higher stall while everything is still out...you won't regret it in the end. Like I said, I have a 2200 and wish it was a 3000.

I wish I could give you 1/4 times, but I bought my car with a bad tranny and never had a chance to run it before. I could give you my best guess though...

Driven properly (doing a brake torque to right before your tires start spinning) when you launch, I bet with your stall you could knock a tenth or two off your et.

Another suggestion is to get a tranny cooler with a higher stall. They cost under a hundred bucks and is recommended with the extra heat caused by a higher stall.
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

this comes with a free external cooler, what stall is everyone else running on their daily drivers?
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

what stall speed are all of you guys using for your daily drivers? i have a 373 rear gear ratio. does 1800-2300 sound right, will that give me any more noticble performance than stock?
            1994 firebird formula

Comment

hey do you have there web site if they have one
              1995 formula firebird
              mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

mad dog performance trans click here

their 4l60e isnt listed on there though, give them a call
                1994 firebird formula

Comment

anyway what stall speeds are you guys running on the street?
                  1994 firebird formula

Comment

anyone??? please help
                    1994 firebird formula

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
                      anyone??? please help
                      Well you already know my stall.

For streetability issues (depending on your preferences), I'd say most people would run anywhere from a 2400 to 3400 stall.

Comment

that sounds right, is anyone else running an 18-2300 stall?
                        1994 firebird formula

Comment

2800 vigalantie converter here. This is an great stall.

Comment

bomber is taht for everydat use?
                            1994 firebird formula

Comment

Working...
                            X