dumb turn signal...need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb turn signal...need help

Okay so 4 f-bodies later I'm still having a common problem. The turn signal. Ive replaced it a bunch of times. My friends camaro has the same problem. I replaced the front blinker bulb sunday and it lasted a whole 7 days wihtout blowing...when I get the old bulb out its shattered and black. Any clue on what might be going on?

Its getting old...
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

corroded socket.... check the socket real real good..clean it up..if it cant be cleaned and the contact points "refreshed"...then replace it..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That probably will fix it. Thanks.

How do you like the GTO? Treating you good?
      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

second that...corroded socket. I had to same problem with my TA. The blinkers would go through 3-4 bulbs per month. I had so much shaddred glass in the assembly I had to order new ones.

Also, make sure water isn't introduced...these bulbs get hot! water would blow these suckers like gernades!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

My buddy who works at a GM dealership yesterday actually had to do that same fix on an early 4th gen camaro.....looks like majority rules here...corroded socket was the culprit for him as well.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
            That probably will fix it. Thanks.

How do you like the GTO? Treating you good?
            love it so far. only have 1300 miles on it though...since march 28th..... hey! aint bad..approx 16.5 miles a day!!!

its been washed once...that was when i got it home from the dealer....and started detailing it. since then, has not seen one drop of rain or nasty roads... only calif dusters, and zaino.......LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

You might try some LED bulbs. They don't get hot. Also use bulb grease after you clean the socket. That will prevent them from corroding again.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
              X