NFB on price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB on price

My buddy, who is privelaged enough to own 3 f-bodies, is parting with one to take advantage of gm's new employee discount. He's gonna let me have his 98 Z28 for pay off which is around $8600. I was wondering if that was a decent price? It has a few little mods, brand new paint, 6 speed, and it has all of the goodies on the inside except for the leather. What do you guys think?
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

What kind of mileage does it have on it? I looked at the blue book value Kelley Blue Book I put in 80,000 miles which is probobly high just to check it out adn it put it around 8,000 so if it has less miles with some mods (more info?) 8600 sounds like a fair price.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

It has about 80,000 on it, but it got a gm rubuild on it in 2000 when the bottom end of the engine went out and a few pushrods were bent. I don't know why the dealer didn't believe that he wasn't racing it. As far as mods, I can't really remeber. There weren't many because it was the wifes car.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

N.A.D.A say $11,000, isn't this what the bank goes by?

Comment

Im really not sure how the banks judge the value but I also took a look at edmuds and it was between 8 and 9 thousand so I would say your pretty safe and even if NADA lists it higher than your getting a better deal on it anyway, so long as it is problem free.
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Comment

Thanks for your time and advice dude. I'm thinking I'm gonna get it and keep the formula as well because with that as a "daily driver" my insurance will only be $164/ month both cars.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
              It has about 80,000 on it, but it got a gm rubuild on it in 2000 when the bottom end of the engine went out and a few pushrods were bent. I don't know why the dealer didn't believe that he wasn't racing it. As far as mods, I can't really remeber. There weren't many because it was the wifes car.
              He did all that damage on a 2 year old car back then? Sounds like that car's been abused. I would have it inspected first by a mechanic before anything.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I was there when he killed it and it was rebuilt at the dealer. I know the car pretty well, I've been around it since 1998 when my friend neil bought it, then my buddy john got, and now hopefully me. It was the talk of the town when it first showed up. T-top, with the cameleon(spelling) paint and chrome LS-1 logos on the side instead of the z-28 emblem. It's an awsome looking car.

Comment

no problem man, hey by knowing the history of it you are much better off then buying it from a random person, although i think the DJ is right you should still have it looked at first, as you would want to with any car, and those insurance rates are pretty good too!
                  -Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X