Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Gen Rear End Fitment

Ok, Here's the deal.

I can get my hands on a built 12 bolt out of a 3rd Gen Camaro(3:73, locker, axle. ect.), and I know I need spacers for my wheels to fit right. Here's the thing, What about the ABS?!? Will the ABS have to be removed or what?!?

Thanks.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

The 3rd Gen rear axle assembly will not likely have the reluctor ring on the ring gear, nor the hole for the sensor in the top of the housing. If its a Strange, it might have the hole, and you could buy a carrier with the reluctor ring. But the Strange ABS sensor is such a PITA that I don't recommend it.

You may also have a mismatch on the brake mounting plates.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Fred. I had a feeling it wasn't gonna work. Hmm, I guess I'll just wait and buy one from Strange so it will be all set up and complete.

Thanks again.
      Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I have a 9" from a 3rd gen,strange axles,Eaton locker,I don't have the ABS anymore but I more than make that inconvenience up with the peace of mind I have gained.

Put 10K on it last year and no problems.
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Working...
        X