QTP customer service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QTP customer service

I didnt mention here when it happenned, but my QTP electric cutout failed. I suspected from day 1 it might be a problem because it didnt work the day it arrived but I was able to get it working by taping it with a hammer. The car was in storage at the time, so I figured I'd wait to se if it jammed up again.

Well, it did. It jammed in the closed position just like it had when in first arrived. By the time I called QTP about it the warrenty had expired by 4 days. They honored their product anyways, even though the warrenty had lapsed. I respect any company that stands behind their product. I boxed it up and sent it in 3 weeks ago and it arrived back today completely rebuilt and working like a champ. I would definitely buy from them again, they have great customer service. Good job, QTP!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

cool good to know
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! I thought I had made the wrong decision when I purchased it because there was a different brand with a 1 year warranty. But nothing beats that customer service. Glad you got it replaced!
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
        Wow, that's awesome! I thought I had made the wrong decision when I purchased it because there was a different brand with a 1 year warranty. But nothing beats that customer service. Glad you got it replaced!
        Also, even if it is way out of warrenty they do offer a rebuild service for $30.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that. Is it on their Web site, or find out only if you call them up? I thought you'd have to pay another $150.
          BTW, are you still using the switch it came with? Where did you mount it?
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
            Wow, I didn't know that. Is it on their Web site, or find out only if you call them up? I thought you'd have to pay another $150.
            BTW, are you still using the switch it came with? Where did you mount it?
            They told me about that $30 policy on the phone. You do not have to pay another $150. I'm using the switch they sent with it and it works perfectly. I have it mounted under the ash tray lid, just next to the actual ash cup, it fits great and is completely hidden!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

Ironic that as soon as I started reading this post, I remembered why I don't have a QTP electric cutout. I've read of many of these failing and I can see why...... carbon fouling due to it being placed in a dirt rich environment. Good thing the rebuild is cheap because when new, they work great.

Comment

Working...
              X