Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nfb: stupid is.......what goofy does......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: stupid is.......what goofy does......

I still can't believe this.........

I got a neighbor across the court from us, who's one of the goofiest human beings I've ever met.... he's got a good heart though... he and his wife do malimute rescue stuff, thats how I met him one day....

anyway.. he's one of those people who, if you said "will you empty the bathtub please"?..he'd go find a bucket, and empty it ........ instead of just pulling the drain plug.......... he's always doing something weird to and around his house, 80% of the time he never finishes what he starts....or forgets about it...

his yard is a jungle.. he waits untill the grass is at the 1 foot level to cut it...or higher.. then it takes him the better part of two days to cut it..... like...if he cut it once a week or so... it would take him an hour at best...its a small yard........

they have 3 dogs, 2 malimutes: bear, the male....120lbs...and fat like a whale... and a female thats 2yrs old they adopted... and a dog they inherited from thier daughter, a pitbull rotwieller cross that weighs 115lbs...of solid muscle... his name is "mookie"...

he uses the weedeather once a summer......the edge of his fence and around his shed and stuff looks like a bamboo forest... and when he does work in the yard or whatever... he always dresses up in a head band (sweat band)...wrist sweat bands, a white old stained t shirt, jeans 3 sizes too big for him, work gloves, and ties a bandana around his neck....... and he takes a 30 min to 2 hr break for every 20 min.'s he works........

he's a govt. contractor thats laid off right now....home everyday... his wife is a civil servant and works for a local officed "three letter agency".......

now that you have the "picture"...here's the "story"......

he bought one of those above the ground pools, you know, the blue ones, that stand errect when you fill them with water and support themself...they come with filters and a ladder.....

i saw him the other day filling the thing up........... and came back an hour later to watch it lean to the right and collapse, and send a tsunami towards the house next door..........who's resident ran out yelling.......

you see... those pools have to be place on level ground..... his yard is so sloped its not funny..... so then... i see him drive a stake in his yard, measure off 9 foot of rope and attach it..and walk in a circle with a spray can...painting a line for the 18 foot diameter of the pool. then he started digging up the grass....in strips... "sod" if you will.....

so i walked over and asked "what are you going to do with that sod?"..he said "throw it away"... i asked if i could have it...he said "sure..please take it"...

our backyard has hardly any grass from all the rain and the dogs running back there.... so i can use this to start building the yard back from the corners and fence line in....

so far, he's been digging up the grass for two days....and its still not done... we are talking an 18 foot diameter circle...heck, i'd had it dug up, leveled, and the pool up by now..so would yall........!

so i get home day before yesterday and took over his yesterdays diggings and laid the sod in my backyard. cool.

so i get home yesterday a little later, had some errands to do on the way home after dropping the van pool off...and change, get my neighbors wheel barrow cause goofies is falling apart... and start hauling again.. he's outside taking a break......again.... on my second trip he says "im goin in to clean up and get dinner on...my wife likes to eat early cause she eats lunch at 11 am......" i said "fine..no problem..i onlly have a few more trips and I'll have this sod outta here that you dug today....i'll be sure and close the gate and lock it when im done so when you let the dogs out later there's no chance of them taking a hike'"...we laughed....

not 10 min. later..... 10 friggin min.'s...... i just walked back in for another load.... im up by his back deck (whick looks like Beruit) and suddenly...i hear this low "ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"... ..i slowly look up...to find my eyes meeting the eyes of mookie!!!!!!!!!!!! the pittbull rotwieller!!!!!!!!! the hair on his back is standing up like a mohawk........... ( d@mn...... this is gonna hurt) I thought...........

Ok... being in wolfdog rescue..i've delt with a few strong nasty critters in my time...and in the Air Force when i was temp. in k9 in Nam....... so this aint my first rodeo.......... you just need to be prepared to understand.... you are going to get bit........bit bad...... and while that jaw thats biting down with 1000 lbs per square inch on the leg you put out for to latch on....you need to make you move, getting the animal in a headlock, tighter than you ever applied one before...and choke the life out of em.........if you let up when they pass out....they'll get you before you clear the fence...........

this was all going thru my head...as now mookie was a mere 5 feet from me...and creeping forward......lips curled...back hair up...and gggrrrrrr

suddenly goofy runs out...in his clean t shirt (guess that was his dinner garb)..."oh my...im sorry...i should have checked first..... of my....Mookie ! mookie...no mookie...."... then goofy spies the gate door open..and stops controlling mookie and runs over and closes that instead... im like..."can you stop your d@mn dog ...ill close the d@mn gate man...."

he comes over and takes mookie by the collar..who's still looking at me like "later chump"...and takes him in... i wheeled out that load... came and got another...and then locked his gate........ im done with that scene.... the guy's head is so far up his (_!_) im surprised he doesnt talk thru his belly button..........

that could have been very painfull.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Looks like you have an interesting neighbor there Getting attacked by a big dog is never a pleasant experience...glad you didn't have to deal with it man. I've dealt with it once....not fun I played soccer for 9 years of my life, so I was lucky that a kick and a quick jump over a fence was all that it took....especially since it was a doberman

Good luck with mookie in the future

Also, on a side note, I used to have a pool just like his in my yard. As far as leveling is concerned, unless the slant is absolutely horrible, it was nothing a couple sandbags couldn't take care of
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
      Looks like you have an interesting neighbor there Getting attacked by a big dog is never a pleasant experience...glad you didn't have to deal with it man. I've dealt with it once....not fun I played soccer for 9 years of my life, so I was lucky that a kick and a quick jump over a fence was all that it took....especially since it was a doberman

Good luck with mookie in the future

Also, on a side note, I used to have a pool just like his in my yard. As far as leveling is concerned, unless the slant is absolutely horrible, it was nothing a couple sandbags couldn't take care of

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i aint telling him about the sand bags.... i needed the sod..........LOL

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Funny story Ken!! I used to have a paper route when I was a kid and got attacked a few times. Mookie sounds like "he don't play around" so be careful!!

have a good thursday

edit-shouldn't you be working?

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

yikes...I don't play with big dogs. Mookie sounds like he doesn't play...well, at least not play with normal toys. He might play with head though...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Good thing you didn't get bit, I'd hate to see the dog get sick.

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......now that's funny
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS
                9,000 commedians outta work and one finds his way to this board.........

Comment

When I bought my house, there was an oval above-ground pool in the yard. Problem is, the old owners put it out in the middle of the backyard and crooked. I drilled a few holes in it, let it drain towards the woods, then introduced it to the sawzall.

I hope this pool has no chance of emptying towards your house, Ken. Sounds like you should be safe.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                    When I bought my house, there was an oval above-ground pool in the yard. Problem is, the old owners put it out in the middle of the backyard and crooked. I drilled a few holes in it, let it drain towards the woods, then introduced it to the sawzall.

I hope this pool has no chance of emptying towards your house, Ken. Sounds like you should be safe.
                    no.....he's across the court from me..and downhill

Comment

Well Ken you are right, it only took me about 6 hours to level and start filling mine and i had a 9 inch grade to overcome. And I am sure happy you didnt get bit, that would have sucked.
                      95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Damn Ken, I am amazed you remained calm. I would have seriously $hit my pants. We have a 120 lb malimute, and if that dog got mad at me, i would really be scared. He scares the crap out of EVERYONE that comes to my house.. THe UPS guy doens't even ring the door bell anymore, he just drops off the package and leaves lol. He once told me that he thought the dog was going to come through the window and kill him. Funny thing is, he's a big wuss, but very protective of me and my mom. It's really funny.. But man, I give you credit, I would have been scared. Just for my future reference, WHAT DO YOU DO if you are in that situation? I would think a headlock would just put your face closer to the dogs and if he slipped out there goes your face... Is there a good defense to a dog attack or no? Let me know!

Thanks,
                        Jeff
                        One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

Sounds like you need to write a book. You could call it Canine Place........kinda like Peyton Place. Heck with Goofy and your other neighbor behind you that doesn't cut the grass and has two dogs, and with you and Mary doing rescue work too, the book will be a best seller.
                          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                            the guy's head is so far up his (_!_) im surprised he doesnt talk thru his belly button..........

Dude, you make me laugh... I love it.. Glad you got out with all the pieces. Sod is cheap man, get a landscaper, not a paramedic!! :-)

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                            95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                            Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Stop picking on your neighbors.........

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X