what stall speed is everyone running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what stall speed is everyone running

what stall speed is everyone running on the street for their daily drivers?

and the one that comes with my new trans is 1800-2300 is that tall enough with a 373 rear end to pick up some decent times?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Mines adjustable. (Sorry I couldn't stop myself)
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You really have to consider what is gonig to work best with your car. There are some good threads about stall converters on this site that can be found by searching. With the newer trannies and converters you can sometimes put on a higher stall and have it still be streetable, but if your cars specifications don't match the stall you put on, you could take a hit in the performance area.
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

mine depends on how tired my left leg is.....................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

2000-2200 but I haven't taken it to the strip yet I think your stall speed is fine, but 2800 is probably the best combo with a stock cam, 3.73s and being a daily driver.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

i was told that 2800 is good but a little tall for a stock cam, alrite guys i didnt mean to start a flame war on auto vs. manual, if its going to be like that you can just delete the thread. why does everyone have to rip on autos?
            1994 firebird formula

Comment

It might be high, but according to many, it's perfect, or even slightly lower than what they wanted. http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ht=stall+stock
              Personally, I wouldn't go anything higher than 2800 though...and I think yours is OK.
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

ill call the guy and ask him if he can throw in a 2800 for the same price, that should be big enough
                1994 firebird formula

Comment

Converters

A 2800 should be a good street strip converter. When I was drag racing the converter was very specific for the car it was used in. When we ran our car on with the small motor, a BB 488. it ran 5.60's in the 1/8th. On Nitrous with a 400 shot it only picked up 3 tenths. Until we switched to a Nitrous converter, and ran 4.90's. I am sorry I went with a stock converter in my 95. The 60' and 1/8th mile times were a real let down. At 84 mph in the 1/8th mile the ET should be in the low 8's. The best I ran was a 8.98. I know a 4.56 gear, and a drag converter would cut over 1/2 a second off these times, as I had an old drag car that ran 84mph in the 1/8th, and it ran 8 teens to 8 20's. Thats mid 12's in the 1/4.

Comment

3000 stall

Comment

3000 on a stock cam for now
                      1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
                      1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Working...
                      X