Air bag light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bag light

Hey, I got a 155 speedo cluster. When i put it in the airbag light never went off, so i took it back out. I tried disconnecting the battery, no luck. It is a 98 + because it has the digial odometer like my origional one. I put my old one cluster back in and the airbag light went off on it. What gives? I have dual airbags. The only difference I could tell between the two (besides the mph) was the 155 did not have a reduced engine power light in it.

Not sure if this will help, but when i put my steering wheel in, i just took everything out and pulled the light bulb out of the cluster. But mine is a 95 not sure if you can do that on your 98, but it could be an option.
    95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

I don't know what it is with these cars and airbag lights, but a lot of people I talk to have an intermittent problem. My car seems to do it more when it rains, so that leads me to believe a weathertight connection is bad or the dielectric grease is giving up the ghost. I just don't worry about it much anymore.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
      X