Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Check out this engine compartment

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=17690

It's the performance version of the Solstice. A GM podcast about 2 months ago mentioned 240+ HP. That would give an LT1 a run for it's money!
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

I was impressed right up until the point of noticing the way one of the emissions tubes attaches to the valve cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      I was impressed right up until the point of noticing the way one of the emissions tubes attaches to the valve cover.
      Yeah. That was my impression too. It does say this is a picture of a "test mule" so hopefully it will be a better engineered connection on the finished product.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Nothing like JB welding a fitting to the head! Being a test mule I think there are a few thing that arent quite up to production standards, but then again maybe GM is trying to cut costs by lowering machining costs

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror