E-Brake Sticking...??? NEED HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Brake Sticking...??? NEED HELP

Hey guys, does anyone on here know how to tell if the e-brake is fully releasing? My moms 03 Ford Escape has this issue where the lever which is on the center console seems loose. When you pull it, it doesn't really grab until it's fully extended, then you will hear it click... The brake light comes on the dashboard when you pull it, and when you put it down it turns off. My question though, is it fully releasing? It doesn't feel like it is dragging and I don't see any brake see or smell any brake smoke. Is there a good way of telling if it fully released or not? I will have to eventually take it in, but in the meantime does anyone have any clues? If so, that would be great...

Thanks,
    Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

jack up the rear, have some fully release it, and with the front wheels block and tranny in N, spin the wheels and have some pull the parking brake. then release, and see if the wheels are free. if u are, u just gotta adjust the cable a lil then
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
    X