converter/exhaust ?'s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converter/exhaust ?'s

Are these catco catalytic converters any good. I'm starting to cobble together my new exhaust system and this looked like a pretty good deal.

I was thinking:
    Hooker LTs (2055)
    electric cutout(s)
    catco converter
    undecided on the catback

I'm trying to keep all of the emissions equipment since it's my DD. I was going to get a y pipe with 3" into the cat and 3" all of the way to the muffler. Is there a loudmouth for 3rd gens? Would bullet mufflers be just as good (sound and performance-wise) as the LM?
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

My experience: the Catco on my Camaro rattles until it heats up. I had to have something on there (old cat was melted inside) so didn't check around and just got one and threw it on, just to get the car back on the road. I'm going with Magnaflow when I get my headers and catback.
    http://justmagnaflow.com/CatalyticConverters/53000.htm

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

The only 3" I saw on there didn't have the AIR tube. Does magnaflow have a 3" with the AIR?
      1989 TA
      Flowmaster exhaust
      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
      K&N CAI
      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

http://justmagnaflow.com/CatalyticCo.../Universal.htm
        Here's the page with all the dif. models. Sorry about that. My car doesn't have air so I didn't even think about it.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

How much would it cost to get the LT's coated by jet hot? Just if anyone knows off of the top of their head.
          1989 TA
          Flowmaster exhaust
          Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
          K&N CAI
          Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Just off the top of my head...maybe $200??
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X