Lost, Lost, Lost on the Autobahn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost, Lost, Lost on the Autobahn

Well, I finally drove on the Autobahn, albeit in a Hyundai rental car, of all things. Got lost for 2 hours leaving the airport in Cologne and it took someone with a GPS to find me.

Anyway, the Autobahn is awesomely awesome. No speed limit in some places. We were driving our colleague's Mercedes at a steady 176 kmh which is 110 mph for a while and it felt really good to do, but that is actually pretty slow in the fast lane.

When I got gas - I was down 1/4 tank - it was 1.199Euro/liter which was with tax 18.37Euro for 15.32 liters.

That's 4.2 gallons of gas for $23 or $5.47/gal for regular!!!

Wheeeew! And we're complaining about 1.95 a gallon?
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
      Well, I finally drove on the Autobahn, albeit in a Hyundai rental car, of all things. Got lost for 2 hours leaving the airport in Cologne and it took someone with a GPS to find me.

[/I]
      LMAO!

That sounds like exactly what would happen to me.

Comment

Working...
      X