Body kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body kits

Hi folks, I am looking to get a body kit for my '99 T/A WS6. To make a long story short, I ran into a fence and theres deep scratches on the front bumber, thankfully no scratches on the hood I always wanted a body kit for my car and now I have a reason for getting one. Do anyone know where I can purchase a kit for a '99 Trans Am ? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Anand

1999 WS6 Trans Am A4, Borla Catback, SLP Lid w/K&N, Competition Sound System

You probably will not get a straight answer on this board for that question. Everybody here will suggest you replace whatever damaged components you have with factory replacements. Body kits are not a favorable discussion here.

That's the politically correct answer.

In other words, body kits are for ricers, and you don't deface a true American performance car with ricer parts.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

get the factory bumper adn then if u want get a lip kit. body kits are for ricers only imo
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

guys that is probubly what he means. dont harp on him yet. i have a wings west lip kit and it looks amazing, my car stands out and i get completments on it all of the time. the wings west kit for the LS1 TA's is really sharp. just stay away from the full body kits. those are preddy ricer
        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

The TA is already audacious. Anything added on to what is already there is going to look gaudy. How can someone buy and paint a body kit that's going to make the car look like crap for less than getting scratches fixed is hard to understand.

Comment

have you ever seen kelly drown's car. it is not gauty by any means. i think it looks amazing.
            1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

It takes all kinds to make the world go around. I think its kinda BS to jump all over someone about what they feel might be nice. If you dont drive it what do you care? There are many f-bodies with body kits out there and some are nice some not to nice. Why cant anyone just give him a strait answer?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
              6.2L/382.97 ci
              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
              WCT-5 speed
              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
              Boss MS 18" Rims
              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
              Custom Dual exhaust
              1LE upgrade
              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
              In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

The only body kit I've seen available for the '98+ Firebirds is the Wings West kit. However, it doesn't mean there aren't others out there as I've never looked into body kits. I've just heard of nothing other than the Wings West kit.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I just looked at that Wings West kit... It does look pretty sharp.

Comment

I've had the Wings West Kit on my 1999 Ta since early 1999. I love the looks and have had lots of complements. Just as a previous poster mentioned... it's te same kit Kelly Drown has on his. It is not Rice unless you add the optional COMMANDO WING in my opinion.

Check it out!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...8975QptNnSOZrt
                    1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
                    http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

i thought he meant like that one kid some1 posted be4 called the comandar or something like that
                      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Then I don't want to catch any of you picking on this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA

Hey!!! That's my daily driver!!!

J/K
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA

YEEESSSS

Hey now, don't pick on carboard body kits...I got the T/A hooked up with one....improves downforce at supersonic speeds
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

And reusing cardboard/plywood is alot more earth friendly than that urethane stuff.
                              NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                              (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
                              X