Looking for 12.5 Timeslips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 12.5 Timeslips

I am going to install a Procharger 8lbs supercharger, Flp longtube headers and Star Spec Stage 3 clutch in my car next week. My current mods now are Hypertect PP, Lowercontrol arms, Strange 12 bolt rear with 3.73 , and K&N Filtercharger. If someone would give me some insight for some more changes in will need to do to get to this time please let me Know. Also i were looking at 24lbs fuel injectors.

Thanks
    P.S it's a 96 camaro 6speed.

Since you seem to be getting ready to drop some serious bucks into that thing in addition to the high $$$ rear, I would suggest going with some bigger injectors (the '96 stockers are already 24#, just not as reliable at high pressures and duty cycles as some replacements)... I haven't done the exact math, maybe some one else can chime in here??, but I would highly suggest that if you are going to replace them anyway, go to 36# or 42# (guessing) and ditch the FMU. With a re-programming (which you should do anyway for headers and the blower) you would have more accurate and consistent fuel delivery using bigger injectors at a standard pressure and duty cycle. The biggest PITA I have even with my 6# blower is keeping my FMU tuned correctly. Also, a FMU, because it raises fuel line pressure, can cause all kinds of nasty things to happen over time like fuel lines rupturing etc... (that is scary...I know, I lost a line under the car near the filter and inline pump last year.)

Overall, regardless of the injector size, I would say the most important thing to consider is getting a custom PCM program. The HPP+ is just not going to cut it for these mods. You could keep the HPP for diagnosis (if you have a scan cartridge), that's all I use mine for now.

As for the 12.5's, you should be getting very close even with the FMU setup, I would predict very low 12's with a good program, tires and sub 80 degree air.

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

What kind of program u recomend.

I heard hypertect can send a plug in module for the Programmer when call them and give them the mods that u plan to put on the car. Or do u recomend another programmer.

Comment

www.pcmforless.com

I've heard nothing but awesome things about this guy from all over the place. It's THE recognized place to go for LT1 PCM programs.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

stupid and simple as it sounds.... wouldn't a 4.10 gear ratio work better then 3.73? You said you have the six speed which makes all the difference in using 4.10 s and keeping the car streetable from a driving standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 2000 TA
            stupid and simple as it sounds.... wouldn't a 4.10 gear ratio work better then 3.73? You said you have the six speed which makes all the difference in using 4.10 s and keeping the car streetable from a driving standpoint.
            with an SC or nos........the six speed cars do better with 3:73's..not 4:10's. they do better with 4:10's when they are NA.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
              www.pcmforless.com

I've heard nothing but awesome things about this guy from all over the place. It's THE recognized place to go for LT1 PCM programs.
              far as im concerned.. nobody can beat Ed Wright of Fast Chips in Tulsa OK. he was one of the first to break gm's codes and do pcm custom tunning. he's the father of them all.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I've never heard anything good (or much bad) about the custom tuning from Hypertech, only that they offer it. I have heard a lot of good things about Ed Wright and a few others. I don't have any personal experience with either.

If you decide to try the HPP route, be sure to check their policies about replacement and re-tuning if something is not right.

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

Not to step on anyone's toes

But, I've had both Ed Wright and PCMforless chips in my car, Alvin at PCMforless.com tune was far superior to that of Ed's chip. My car gained a 22RWHP and 14lb/ft of torque (dyno tested) with Alvin's chip and he cured a nasty hesitation/miss I was having at 1800 RPMs with Ed's chip. He does 6 months of FREE tuning after you buy the 1st chip just to make SURE your happy with it and he will answer every question you have either via phone or email. IMHO PCMforless has one the best customer service teams I've ever encountered.

Perhaps Ed had a bad day when he programmed my chip...I dunno, I just know what my dyno sheet and 1/4 ET slip told me, not to mention the fact that I had 3 revisions (100% free) done because Alvin himself wasn't happy with my data logs. Every time I got a new revision the car re-acted much better/stronger.

Now that I have DFI, I get to figure all this PCM stuff out for myself, LOL.

Just my .02

KnightFire
                  1993 Formula Firebird
                  Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    with an SC or nos........the six speed cars do better with 3:73's..not 4:10's. they do better with 4:10's when they are NA.
                    wolfman is right. i run nos on my 6 speed with 3:73 gears and I am running through the traps @ 6000-6200 rpm in 4th. Any steeper and I would have to shift.

Knightfire - I had a program done by Ed. In open loop it has that hesitation and stalling problem. As soon as it jumps into closed loop - runs great though. I have just lived with it.
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

thats cool keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                      X