L98 aluminum vs L98 Cast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L98 aluminum vs L98 Cast

Is there going to be much of a difference on flow? I have recently purchased a new intake for my 383. Its an accel Super Ram. It has the potential to flow much more than my last ported TPI, which made ok HP numbers. I've always been handcuffed by the cast l98 heads and could probably pull a little more timing with aluminum heads, with their reputation as being High compresion freindly. My quetion is is it worth it to goto the aluminum L98 vs the Cast?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Bump
    No one has any Idea?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I would say yes its worth it for being able to run higher compression and the weight savings. Plus alum. is a little easier to port. All the Vette,s had Alum. heads starting in '87 to present.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

I think it's pretty common for thirdgen guys to go with vette heads, especially when they want heads on the cheap. Rather than buying some expensive aftermarket brand, you can pull a set off a junker corvette and have them ported and milled and a valve job done for a couple hundred. Plus there's a little weight savings.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
        X