Idiots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiots

I ordered new tires from Dicount Tires and paid everything up front. They put all my information in their computer. They told me it would be in 2 - 3 days for shipping.

2 weeks go by and I'm still for that phone call. I called them today and asked them about the status on my tires. They said they came in on the 10th. They said they tried to call me but got no answer. I don't recall any missed calls or voice mails so I asked the guy on the phone to read me back my call back number. Turned out the idiot that day who put my information in the computer put in the wrong information.

The funny thing is the reciept I got after my purchase has my correct number, name and address. I ordered these back on June 6th and it's June 20th now. Idiots.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

I would have call them after 4 days...forget 2 weeks that unacceptible.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
      I would have call them after 4 days...forget 2 weeks that unacceptible.
      Didn't really bother me that much since my car was in the shop anyways. And while it was in the shop I found out why my reverse grinded since I did my M6 conversion last summer. Turns out it wasn't a bad synchro after all, it was my shift fork. The fork was bent and couldn't engange reverse all the way so it would just spit it back out. With all the money I'm going to pay for the labor, they said I should have the whole thing rebuilt since they're taking it apart. I'm getting it rebuilt this week with all new aftermarket parts costing me over $1,600.00.

I could of taken it to Greece, but my trans would of gotten worse they said.

Bad news: No Greece this summer.

Good news: I practically have a new car.

With all the money saved up for Greece, I'm probably gonna blow it on my car. I already ordered a set of SLP headers.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
        Didn't really bother me that much since my car was in the shop anyways. And while it was in the shop I found out why my reverse grinded since I did my M6 conversion last summer. Turns out it wasn't a bad synchro after all, it was my shift fork. The fork was bent and couldn't engange reverse all the way so it would just spit it back out. With all the money I'm going to pay for the labor, they said I should have the whole thing rebuilt since they're taking it apart. I'm getting it rebuilt this week with all new aftermarket parts costing me over $1,600.00.

I could of taken it to Greece, but my trans would of gotten worse they said.

Bad news: No Greece this summer.

Good news: I practically have a new car.

With all the money saved up for Greece, I'm probably gonna blow it on my car. I already ordered a set of SLP headers.

Too bad about Greece, but daunm your car will be running smooooth!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Taso, If I may interject... Don't get the SLP shorties. You'll see little to no performance difference. Go with long tube headers. They are much more effective and you'll thank yourself later for not wanting to re-do it again later.

Long tube makers:
          *FLP
          *Grotyohan
          *Hooker Super Comp
          *Jet Hot
          *Pacesetter
          *Kooks LT T304 stainless - I'm getting these!!!
          96 T/A - Heavily Modded
          87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Dan B. 96 T/A
            Taso, If I may interject... Don't get the SLP shorties. You'll see little to no performance difference. Go with long tube headers. They are much more effective and you'll thank yourself later for not wanting to re-do it again later.

Long tube makers:
            *FLP
            *Grotyohan
            *Hooker Super Comp
            *Jet Hot
            *Pacesetter
            Not sure this is true at all. Joe 1320 almost hit 12's w/ the SLP Shorties, and nothing other than bolt ons and suspension work w/ street tires ! I dont think I've ever heard of a similar car w/ long tubes do anything close to 13 seconds flat w/ street tires. The SLP Shorties and Random Tech Y-Pipe are a lethal combination and shouldn't be misunderstood. Anyways, I'm sure Joe would like to chime in on how great these headers really are.

*EDIT*- Tasos car is a 94, SLP has a different set for his car than the 96-97 cars. They still look like a nice set of headers though and look more like mid-lengths rather than shorties. Anybody have any experience with these?

96-97
            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan B. 96 T/A

Long tube makers:
              *FLP
              *Grotyohan
              *Hooker Super Comp
              *Jet Hot
              *Pacesetter
              Ummmm, I'm gonna have to disagree as well. After doing a quick search on CZ28, I found this...

Originally posted by Jason Short on CZ28
              The solution to SLP headers is MSD wires (lower profile boots) with a nylon cloth heat sheild (sock) on the #5 cylinder. That is what I did back in the day and never had a problem. I picked up 5mph in the 1/4 with SLP headers alone on a bone stock motor. I think the headers really work in the power dept, but SLP needs some work on their design and fabrication end too (had a weld crack on mine Of course they fed me the same line when I called: "never heard of that happening before". The headers came with a warranty, but they said they wouldnt warranty them. Needless to say, I stopped buying from them.

Jason
              Granted, it can be a tight fit, but 5 mph on the stock motor is definitely a gain, and not a mild one. The SLP ones do give a decent return, plus they are one of the few sets that are 50-state legal for those of us that need to worry about this.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I think shorties provide a mild gain of 10-15hp compared to 20-30hp that I'VE SEEN picked up with LT's (LT1 and LS1). And anyone who knows how to drive and has some "suspension work" and "bolt-ons" should be able to hit 12's on street tires... even with stock exhaust. Heck, I cut a 1.5 60ft on GSC's!!!

I've got a 96, so I'm not worried about sniffer tests... and YES, SLP's do have a nice benefit of being 50 state legal... if you're concerned about that.
                96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Working...
                X