Where did the Banshee post go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the Banshee post go?

I was replying to the guy who wrote he had a Banshee Formula. Tried to post then it was stating it was an invalid post????
    Anyways I did find the Banshe formula on the net.
    Sunset Banshee Formula (1994-1996) (Apparently the Sunset Pontiac Dealership in Clearwater Florida took factory Formulas and converted them into a Banshee look-a-like that included visual and performance changes. The standard package included: Dominator Hood Paint, Side Air Extractors, Windshear GT Rear Spoiler, Flowmaster 2 Chambered Exhaust, Chrome Exhaust Tips, High Performance Air Intake System, K&N Air Filter BF Goodrich P275/40ZR17 Tires, 17" Oz Wheels, Banshee Identification Package, Banshee Embroidered Interior, LT1 Identification, Titanium Window Tint, and Build Number ID Console Plate. Reported Production of these cars: 1994: 17, 1995: 21, 1996: 1.)
    and another
    Rob Louisell Banshee Conversion (1993-1997) (Offered as kit pieces or installed by Louisell, a package for 1993-1997 Firebirds/Formulas/TAs to make them look like the Banshee concept car which cost Pontiac $1.5 million to make.)
    from ls1tech
    special f-bodies
    kit cars

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Originally posted by DeWynter
    I was replying to the guy who wrote he had a Banshee Formula. Tried to post then it was stating it was an invalid post????

from ls1tech
    I can verify some of that data, I used to frequent that dealership and knew of their conversions. Most all were merely cosmetic upgrades. "Banshee" graphics were reproduced with the same font as the stock "formula" lettering, Some fiberglass add ons and a paint scheme that reminded you of the Banshee show car. Not all cars received all the mods, some even still had the factory wheels and tires. They looked pretty good, but performance was no different than any of the regular cars. I lived and worked right around the corner from them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter

and another

from ls1tech
      special f-bodies
      kit cars

DEWYNTER your correct! I bought my BANSHEE in 1994 at Sunset Pontiac in Clearwater. It was the first one they sold so, it didn't have everything you stated. I've kept it in mint condition but, I put a lot of modifications under the hood. Well besides the hood it's self, I changed it to a warbird hood, it's improved the look. I still have the orignal hood if I want to go back to the stock look.

Comment

Working...
      X