Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was one of the first on the scene of a wrecked Mustang Saturday night....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was one of the first on the scene of a wrecked Mustang Saturday night....

So my wife and I are at a friend's house with a few other friends to watch a movie on Saturday night. This friend lives at the top of a one way street going down a fairly large hill. The road sort of curves around right before you get to the top of the hill and start going down it, so in other words, it is a blind corner on top of the fact that it is on about a 35 degree incline. So anyway, we had just started watching a movie right before midnight. We are about 15 minutes into the movie when we hear and engine revved like crazy then squealing tires and a huge crash. So, considering that the friends that live there, Carmen and Tyler, have had to call 911 for accidents there before, Carmen immediately asked Tyler and I as we were heading out the door if she needed to call 911. Well, when we saw an upside down 2002-2003 mustang in the front yard of a house across the street and a few houses down, we were like..."CALL!!" So Tyler and I sprint down the hill, barefoot no less, and get there to find that the top of the doors and hood are just about level with the ground and there is just a space about 7 inches on our side where the window was. We can hear someone moving around inside and some grunting, and were just yelling to them to not try to move. We were both expecting to see like, body parts and blood all over. Then all of a sudden someone comes around the side of the car and says that everyone is out.

Apparently, the three passengers climbed out the other side while we were crouched down trying to look through the space. The lucky buggers only had a few cuts on their arms from climbing out through the glass. One of them only had a little scratch. Right about that time, Carmen, who is a nurse, came down and had them sit down and started checking them out, and a police officer pulled up and started doing his thing. Tyler and I got out of the way and went back up the street.
    Ironically, one of the guys we were watching the movie with came down and found that all the guys were buddies of his, and two of them had been his groomsmen at his wedding last year. He was still talking to them when Tyler and I got out of there, so I asked him later if they had been drinking. He said, (angrily) "No, Kenny got that mustang 2 weeks ago and has made one payment on it. He has been telling everyone how he has this ballsy Mustang and everyone has been saying he was going to wreck the thing." I guess it happened sooner than later. Apparently he was telling the cops and everyone that he came around the corner and hit a patch of gravel, then locked up the brakes (Anti-locks ) and lost control. Ok, first of all, there is no gravel to be found on that road. Second of all, judging by the sound of his engine, and the fact that there was a honda down the street that some other guys jumped out of right afterwards, I would say the moron was racing. I hope he realizes how lucky he is that he didn't kill himself and two of his buddies. I guess it just goes to show what happens when someone doesn't respect cars like these. Keep the racing at the track, people!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Incredible story, glad no one was hurt...

Goes to show what a heavy foot and a big ego will do. Why waste it on a 4 cyl Honda though? I guess that's all the Stang's have seeing as how they wouldnt take an LT1/LS1 ... ever !!!

In all seriousness though... If you wanna race, take it to the track.

Comment

Good to hear no one was hurt. Unfortunately, incidents like this will probably not give the driver a wake-up call. He'll just buy something that handles better with the insurance money.

I had a friend who refused to stop street racing. He would race everyone that even gave his car a look (even if they weren't racing). He had an '86 Olds 442. A few mods on it, but nothing spectacular. Whenever he lost a race to someone, he would beat the ever-loving $#@% out of the car.

One night, he tried racing an IROC and was easily beaten. He left my buddy's house right after that and ended up rolling his car about a mile down the street. He got away with minor bruises and a few scrapes. We were sure it woke him up. Not the case. He ended up buying an '89 Z/28 and street raced everyone with that also. It got to the point we would never get in the car with him anymore.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
      X