can't remove emblem glue ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't remove emblem glue ??

ok heated the emblems and then socked them with alcohol. they cam off ok except for some pieces that were ROCK solid and can't take them off. been working on them for about 30min. a razor blade is looking temting
    going to checker to see if they have anything that might remove it.
    any ideas ??????
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Maybe some adhesives? Paint thinners?...

But then again... watch the paint

Comment

I wonder if claybar would work.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

it still has some pieces of the double sided tape.....
        they are hard as a rock...little chunks.....
        just started raining..cancelled trip to checker...
        eddie
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I used WD40 - it worked pretty well but mine was not "rock hard" it was still new enough the adhesive was "rubbery"
          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

goo gone maybe?
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

How much heat did you apply? If it was only a hair dryer, it might not be enough for adhesive that has hardened. Try using a heat gun if you can (or didn't already). They heat up quite a bit more than a hair dryer, and got off some of the adhesive that wouldn't come off with the hair dryer on my Bravada.

Give it a shot.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Zippo fluid! Just dont light it.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                6.2L/382.97 ci
                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                WCT-5 speed
                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                Boss MS 18" Rims
                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                Custom Dual exhaust
                1LE upgrade
                Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

3M makes an adhesive remover that works Great... I use it all the time. Another route is a rubber eraser wheel on a drill also made by 3M. Problem is these usually run 20 bucks and up each.
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

goo gone dude.. that stuff rocks and will take the glue right off. Worked great on my black car and left no marks.

jeff
                    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
                      goo gone dude.. that stuff rocks and will take the glue right off. Worked great on my black car and left no marks.

jeff
                      Yup, goo gone. I remove all 3 of my 11 year old Z28 badges with it. Soak it well, let is sit a few minutes and use a bondo spatula to clean it off. It may take several applications, but it will eventually clean up.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

OK while this is fresh in my memory becuase yesturday I shaved my buddies
                        I N F I N I T I and G35x badges off the back of his car.

Step 1. Use hair dryer to heat up glue on a selected area.
                        Step 2. Take a peice of dental floss and SLOWLY pull the badge off using a downward motion
                        Step 3. Apply Goo Gone to the glue left behind on the car's paint and reheat with hair dryer
                        Step 4. With a dry soft cloth "push" the glue together ( For instance on the letter N we pushed up on the left and down on the right then made the two clumps of glue meet in the middle of the diagonal line)
                        Step 5. Apply Goo Gone until all glue is gone
                        Step 6. Wash car thouroughly to remove excess glue.

Hope this helps
                        TOM
                        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

well after using wd-40 and that not working all that well. i went and got some goo gone. i also used a glue gun to heat the crap. been working on it and its almost all gone. thanks for all the help guys. this little project really shouldn't have been this hard. oh well the old Z28 looks great tho
                          eddie

Comment

Working...
                          X