NFB: Dissapointed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Dissapointed

I took a trip today to a couple of area dealers to try to get some test drives in of the latest cars out there, didn't end up getting a single drive.

Stopped by the Pontiac daler hoping for a GTO drive, they didn't have a single one on the lot. They had a used '04 but I wanted to try out the LS2. Nobody came out of the dealership to help me anyway, so screw 'em.

Then moved on to the Ford delaership to look at a new Mustang GT, but they only had one V6, no GT's. There I got attacked by a shark... er, salesman, as soon as I stepped out of my car.

At the Dodge dealership they had a sweet Charger R/T, stood there checking it out for a good 5 minutes, but nobody seemed interested in helping me, so I wasn't going to go out of my way to give them business. I left.

I thought about stopping by the BMW and Jaguar dealerships, but I doubted they'd believe I was actually looking to buy. Kia, Mazda, Hyundai, Acura, Lexus and Honda didn't have anything that made me want to waste my time driving, although I considered stopping at the Nissan dealership for a 350Z, but last time I was there they hounded me for a month to buy a car, and I wasn't going through that again. One good thing about living here, all these dealerships are on the same 2-3 mile stretch of road.

One thing I found odd at the Dodge dealership.... they had a single V8 Charger, and a couple V6's, but they had 4 Ram SRT-10s. What's up with that?
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

I think thats your sign to look at a LS1 F-body anyways used cars are cheaper .
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Just kicking tires right now or are you seriously in the market?
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Just kicking tires. I've barely seen any of these cars (that I wanted to look at) on the road around here, let alone ridden in one or driven one, so I was curious. Now I know why there's around here, the dealers don't have crap.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I do it all the time. I go look when it's dead, usually weeknights. I even tell the salesmen I'm not really interested in buying at the moment, but they still let me go out for a test drive (must be bored).
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X