Engine rebuilders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine rebuilders?

I know that I am crazy. But I want to have my 3800 built for power. I have talked to a couple of local speed shops and they tell me to swap in an LS1. I know that would be a great way to go. But, I think that having a built V6 would be unique. I know that superchargers and turbos are also good options for more power, and I will have the motor built to accept a boost adder later on. Yeah, yeah, never enough power. My motor has 125,000 miles on it now. It still runs great. I am just starting to think about tearing it apart this fall & winter so it will be ready for next spring. Any suggestions on rebuilders, head/cam/intake packages, stroker cranks, bore & stroke limits, etc.. How big can a 3800 be made? Will computer tuning be a major pain? Any help would be appreciated. Again, I know that a built LT1/LS1 will give more hp/$. I am looking to put together something different.

Best bang for the buck would be swap in the LS1. To FI your car you will need...

Bulletproof bottom end, rods, dished pistons, (nitride hardened crank?). You will need to have it professionally tuned, unless you go with a stand alone system like Haltec or something. New fuel injectors, pump, line, FPR, IC piping and a place to run it. I would TT it. That thing would be quick. It would cost a ton but it would burn any LS1 on the road, stock and probably moderatly modified ones. I mean, if the bottom end is built, and you have the fuel system beefed up, you could run like 25 PSI. That's a lotta boost, and you could run it safely if the bottom end is built. My quest was spiking at 25 PSI. It felt insane. Push that out of your 3800 with a bigger turbo (or two), and it would be crazy. I'm sure there are some out there.

If you're going for uniqueness, I'd TT it, if you want the best bang for the buck, go for the LS1 swap.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

What kind of car?
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
      X