Chrome dress-up kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome dress-up kits

Does anyone know where you can buy a whole LT1 chrome engine dress up kit? RK Sport has the stuff but not in any kind of kit. I want the polished radiator cover, relay box cover, battery cover, etc. I found all this stuff but it's like $500.00, I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone else that sold this stuff in maybe a kit at a better price?

Thanks,
    Nicole

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/753605

I have never seen a kit, and in fact made most of my own stuff the hard way - homemade SS battery cover & SS map sensor cover, SS TB plate, store bought Aluminum fuse cover which I polished, home polished alternator, throttle body, intake elbow, fuel rails, AC lines and other bits & pieces. One danger with adding only a few pieces of chrome under the hood is that it can make everything else look really dull or dirty by comparison. Gotta have everything clean & shiny to make chrome look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
      homemade SS battery cover & SS map sensor cover, SS TB plate
      Didn't mean to hijack, but I just got a bit curious here....

Am I just that dumb, or did you just say you have an "SS" battery cover, "SS" map sensor cover, and "SS" TB plate.....don't you have a blown 95 T/A
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Stainless Steel?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
          Didn't mean to hijack, but I just got a bit curious here....

Am I just that dumb, or did you just say you have an "SS" battery cover, "SS" map sensor cover, and "SS" TB plate.....don't you have a blown 95 T/A

SS would be stainless steel
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Check out www.mbaproducts.com

I don't think they have any kits, but they have some really high quality dres up stuff, and some unique designs you can't get elsewhere (some other retailers do sell mba stuff). I especially like their TB plates and shift knobs.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
              Stainless Steel?
              Yes, - stainless steel - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Yes, - stainless steel - sorry for the misunderstanding.
                Nah, I figured I was just probably being an idiot somewhere in there...I just wasn't connecting the pieces correctly and it was bothering me
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Thanks for the help

I have never seen a kit, and in fact made most of my own stuff the hard way - homemade SS battery cover & SS map sensor cover, SS TB plate, store bought Aluminum fuse cover which I polished, home polished alternator, throttle body, intake elbow, fuel rails, AC lines and other bits & pieces. One danger with adding only a few pieces of chrome under the hood is that it can make everything else look really dull or dirty by comparison. Gotta have everything clean & shiny to make chrome look good.
                  Wow!! I wish I could make my own stuff, but I'm afraid if I did It would look like crap! We're rebuilding the engine and powdering coating the block, adding new hoses, and so I thought that adding some chrome would make it stand out a little more.

So here's another stupid question, where did you buy the stainless steel at to make some of your parts? Do you have pics? I love to go to a car show and see where someone's taken the time to dress up their engine. My husbands more about performance while I'm more about making it look good. I guess we compliment each other well. LOL!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/753605

Comment

Yeah, I have pics, will try to attach them. I work at a place that makes small engines, and we have shops that can make most anything. usually, I can get someone to cut me a piece of stainless and then I trim & bend it up, then polish it for a couple hours. Actually I learned to polish stuff in the Marines when my foot got infected and they made me polish a garbage can with some Brasso as punishment. Then it was so shiny, that they thought someone would probably steal it, so they had a guy stand guard over it . Anyway, those "skills" kind of spilled over into my bike building & car building, and I just kind of evaluate all the stuff that can be polished under the hood, then polish it up. It's 95% elbow grease. Polish, polish, polish, drink beer, polish drink beer, drink beer - you get the drill.... Most of the stuff I made can be bought, but as separate parts, not in a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaross_itll-run
                      ... My husbands more about performance while I'm more about making it look good. I guess we compliment each other well. LOL!
                      Sounds like a good team effort!

Comment

Working...
                      X