Anyone else give a wave???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else give a wave???

Now that summer is in full swing, I see an abundance of F-bodies almost every day

Whenever I see a fellow firebird (and some camaros too, mostly firebirds though) I'll almost always give a wave. I probably get it back about 65% of the time or so.

Just curious if I'm alone here or if any of you guys acknowledge a fellow f-bod when you see one.
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

If it is a V8 I always give a thumbs up and usually get some sort of acknowlegement. Most of the V6 drivers are less enthusiastic.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      If it is a V8 I always give a thumbs up and usually get some sort of acknowlegement. Most of the V6 drivers are less enthusiastic.
      Should have mentioned that as well, but I agree.....it seems to be the V8's that I interact with.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Oh . . . .you were waving?? I thought you were pointing out the nearest gas station!!!
        Darrin C
        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

always give a single wave

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
          lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

You can tell who'll wave back usually...I wave to all! 7 out of 10 times, they wave back.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Yep, usually a little wave and I get a response. The other day I went passed an LS1 with his gf in the front seat. I guess he was too macho or something b/c he grabbed a gear and got outta sight. Oh well, just wanted to let him know I liked his car, not race.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Always give a wave and 95 outa 100 will wave back, Canada's kinda friendly.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                6.2L/382.97 ci
                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                WCT-5 speed
                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                Boss MS 18" Rims
                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                Custom Dual exhaust
                1LE upgrade
                Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I'm a waver...
                  Usually don't get a wave back, but oh well!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                  Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

It just doesn't happen in the F-body community as it does with the Y-Body. I never knew about 'The Wave' until my brother got his ZR-1 and drove it around. It was then when I noticed 'The Wave'.
                    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I usually do that on the interstate when passing or being passed by another F-Body or other hot car - usually only a nice one, cause that car is being driven by an enthusiast and they are usually checking my car out as well. Usually get a friendly wave in that case unless its a Viper or old guy in a Vette.

Gave one to a really nice Chevelle the other day, and got a conceited-barley-present-acknowledgement nod from the driver who was trying too hard to act cool for his snotsucker and wife. Traffic was thick, or I would have showed him the taillights for a while (like until he was a dot in the rearview). His car sounded real good, but he didn't have any tire on there, so didn't look like serious trouble

Comment

always give the wave...dont always get it back though
                        some how i need to get it thorugh their heads
                        -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

C'mon guys. You'll get waves back from anyone. Pick random people and wave at them. You'll still get the same results as you did waving at f-bodies. Tomorrow, do an experiment and report your results!

If you're really feeling scientific about it, wave at some ricers to document how that species responds!
                          Darrin C
                          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

For the most part, it doesn't work in California! Many people seem to be in their own snooty realm here. Back in '99 or so, I seemed to get many waves/nods back. But now, nobody seems to care or have the "I wanna take you on" attitude.
                            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
                              ...If you're really feeling scientific about it, wave at some ricers to document how that species responds!
                              I usually wave at them with only one finger, and they respond by making fart pipe sounds

Comment

Working...
                              X