ECU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU

Trying to decide which programer to go with should I use a predator or is pcm4less better?
    R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.
    2002 GSXR 750- PC, -1, tinted windscreen

What are your mods? What do you want to do with the PCM?

Comment

I'm gonna have about 4g's to play wiht but I'm just gonna do 3.73's, cat-back, ram air, and a program.
      R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.

Comment

can anyone help me out?

Comment

I wouldn't do the Predator but that's just me. The best thing you can do is get it dyno tuned.

My advise is to take about $3k and buy Home Depot stock.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Whats happening with Home Depot?
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
              Whats happening with Home Depot?
              They make money. They Always have.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by loudRED94TA
                I'm gonna have about 4g's to play wiht but I'm just gonna do 3.73's, cat-back, ram air, and a program.
                The programmer is just enough to make subtle functionality changes within the PCM. For example, fan kick on temps, shift points, shift firmness, etc. Using software that can actually make in depth changes with tuning and and the drivetrain is much more beneficial. Such as the software that is used with dyno tuning or with a laptop.

To just have a speed recalibration and simple bolt-on tune should take no more than an hour on the dyno with a wideband. Should be no more than $150-$175 total.

Comment

Got ya!... I thought mabey you knew some news about them that I didnt.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                    My advise is to take about $3k and buy Home Depot stock.

I was actually thinking about that...you own any jeff? Sorry for the hijack.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                      I was actually thinking about that...you own any jeff? Sorry for the hijack.
                      Technically no. My wife (Bug Lover) has a little play account where she has about 20 shares.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                        Technically no. My wife (Bug Lover) has a little play account where she has about 20 shares.
                        39.70/share...hmmmm, I might just have to do it.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          The programmer is just enough to make subtle functionality changes within the PCM. For example, fan kick on temps, shift points, shift firmness, etc. Using software that can actually make in depth changes with tuning and and the drivetrain is much more beneficial. Such as the software that is used with dyno tuning or with a laptop.

To just have a speed recalibration and simple bolt-on tune should take no more than an hour on the dyno with a wideband. Should be no more than $150-$175 total.
                          I dont really know anywhere around me they do that kinda thing. Does anyone use PCM4LESS?

Comment

Originally posted by loudRED94TA
                            I dont really know anywhere around me they do that kinda thing. Does anyone use PCM4LESS?
                            You will be surprised ay just how many shops are around you that have a chassis dyno and the capability of doing wideband tuning. Just start asking around and making some calls. I am willing to bet their are a few chassis dynos near you.

Comment

Working...
                            X