a/c problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c problem

I couldn't get my ac to work so i recharged it and it still didn't work so i messed around with it a bit before noticing that the a/c pump is doin anything, i checked the fuse and it was good, but it doesn't seem as if there is power at the relay? anyone have any ideas?
    1996 Firebird Trans Am ws-6 a4
    BBK headers
    3in. Exaust with flow 80
    Port and Polished Heads
    58mill Throttle Body
    Lowered an inch
    2:73s... 3:42 goin in soon
    2001 S-10
    Air-Ride - SOLD
    2003 S10
    Lowered 6 inches
    2005 HD sportster 1200 custom
    Drag bars
    Lowered 3 inches

which side of the relay u check?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

i checked all
      BBK headers
      3in. Exaust with flow 80
      Port and Polished Heads
      58mill Throttle Body
      Lowered an inch
      2001 S-10
      Air-Ride - SOLD
      2003 S10
      Lowered 6 inches
      Drag bars
      Lowered 3 inches

Comment

k i got the pump to turn on my resetting the pcm, but i still can't get the air cold, its warm, i recharged it and its still this way, when i turn the ac on i can hear what sound sounds like a vaccuum leak in the vents and under the hood, you can't hear it under the dash
        BBK headers
        3in. Exaust with flow 80
        Port and Polished Heads
        58mill Throttle Body
        Lowered an inch
        2001 S-10
        Air-Ride - SOLD
        2003 S10
        Lowered 6 inches
        Drag bars
        Lowered 3 inches

Comment

You have to get 12 volts to green wire to to clucth to make the comprusser to come on.

Comment

i got the compressor to come on but it still isnt cold
            BBK headers
            3in. Exaust with flow 80
            Port and Polished Heads
            58mill Throttle Body
            Lowered an inch
            2001 S-10
            Air-Ride - SOLD
            2003 S10
            Lowered 6 inches
            Drag bars
            Lowered 3 inches

Comment

Do you have a pressure gage or a computer scanner? My scanner will tell me the hi side pressure. What is the hi side pressyre?
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by 96ws-6
                k i got the pump to turn on my resetting the pcm, but i still can't get the air cold, its warm, i recharged it and its still this way, when i turn the ac on i can hear what sound sounds like a vaccuum leak in the vents and under the hood, you can't hear it under the dash
                If the compressor is on, and the pressures are good like Jeff is asking, then the hissing could be a vacuum leak. Could be a broken or disconnected line under the dash that controls the gates for cold air through the evaporator....
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I'm not an a/c expert, but to the best of my knowledge the hi pressure switch is used to control when the condenser fan is activated and the low pressure cycling switch(by the accumulator) is used to control the a/c clutch engagement. Try unplugging the pigtail from the low pressure switch and jumping the pigtail while the a/c is turned on at the dash. If the compressor kicks on, then either you have a bad low pressure switch or you actually do not have enough refrigerant pressure to satisfy the PCM. If the compressor does not kick on it could be a bad compessor clutch relay or a short somewhere in the compressor/low side/relay circuit but not as likely. There is also a condenser temp sensor as well.

Another thing you need to do is scan for codes. HVAC DTC's do not activate the SES light.

Comment

Working...
                  X