NFB: Question for computer guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Question for computer guys

My cell phone recently crapped out on me and I was sent a free replacement. I want to save all of the pictures from my old phone to my computer so I bought a USB adapter but when I plug it into my phone and then my computer it tells me I need a driver to get it to work right. Is there anywhere I can download one? I'm not very good with computer stuff all I know is it is a 5 pin driver which hooks to the usb and is for a motorola V220 phone.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to either a.) send the pictures to yourself via email if you subscribe to email service on your cellular account, or b.) if you have a bluetooth phone, you can use BT to transfer pictures in some cases to your pc with a BT adapter. The cable you bought may allow you to do this, however, it requires software and drivers from motorola. You may want to google for v220 drivers.

AFAIK, if you are a Verizon subscriber, you may have issues accomplishing this. They have a tendancy to lock down features that compete with services that they sell as add ons to your account. Like picture transfer etc...

A quick google shot shows this link which appears to be able to assist you.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/111426

Hope that helps.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
    95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
    Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Also, go to the website of whatever cell phone company you have (the actual phone, not the service) and they should have drivers available to download for your specific phone. If they don't have it, try download.com or your cell service provider's website.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
        My cell phone recently crapped out on me and I was sent a free replacement. I want to save all of the pictures from my old phone to my computer so I bought a USB adapter but when I plug it into my phone and then my computer it tells me I need a driver to get it to work right. Is there anywhere I can download one? I'm not very good with computer stuff all I know is it is a 5 pin driver which hooks to the usb and is for a motorola V220 phone.
        I have a Motorola V400. I bought the interface package which included the cable and software. I did not have any troubles.

http://motorola.digitalriver.com/ser...77000&Env=BASE

"Note: The USB Data Cable must be used with Mobile PhoneTools - sold separately. " Did you buy this?

http://motorola.digitalriver.com/ser...85100&Env=BASE
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

www.cellphonehacks.com if you can't figure it out.

You'll need software to interface between your PC and phone - should be able to find it. If not, post back and I'll take a look.

Also, what OS, XP?
          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Its windows XP. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet I've been working an insane amount of hours to help pay for my engine I'll give it a try tommorow when I get home from work. Thanks for all the advice everyone.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
            X