Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Fuel Pressure Regulator without removing fuel Rails, Possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Fuel Pressure Regulator without removing fuel Rails, Possible?

Just trying to figure out how to remove the fuel pressure regulator without removing the fuel rails. Just curious how it may be done, if possible.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

There is a Schraeder valve at the back of the fuel line before it goes into the passenger side fuel rail. take the cap off, put a paper towl around it and depress the valve stem - just like letting air out of a tire.

Edit -I didn't read your post very well - sorry if this answer didn't make sense

Comment

Yes... I've done it several times. You need to release the fuel pressure as Kevin described. Release the metal clamp that holds the hard lines in the bracket at the rear of the intake - Torx screw with the head facing down . Remove the spring clip that holds the hard line in the FPR. Twist as you pull, and make sure the o-ring is still on the hard line when it comes out of the FPR. Remove the single T-27 screw that holds the FPR to the back of the intake. Rotate and pull back, making sure the o-ring is intact.

Reverse procedure to install.

Shoebox always has "visual aids".....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I got it. Thanks guys. I just couldn't see what was happening back there. Very easy actually. You guys may remember i was trying to figure out why it seemed like I was gettin too much fuel. Well, I had the SLP FPR anyway so i decided to put it on. Just got back from a drive with it set at 34 psi idle. Lower than should be, but I did a plug check and they look about perfect. the car seems to be running stronger as well. I dunno why cuz I thought the PCM would keep the fuel pressure in check. Thanks a million tho guys.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

The PCM can't control the fuel pressure. All it can do is adjust the long term fuel corrections, to alter the injector pulse widths, and compensate for the reduced fuel pressure. "Gains" from lowering the fuel pressure are real, but they are temporary.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I wouldn't say the gains are extraordinary, it just seems much crisper.

Comment

Working...
            X