control arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control arms

dose any one have control arms with the Spherical Rod Ends. wondering just want to know how much louder they are than the stock because im think about building a set be cause its a lot cheaper any help or input would be great
    1995 formula firebird
    mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Originally posted by formula14.18
    does any one have control arms with the Spherical Rod Ends. wondering just want to know how much louder they are than the stock
    Considerably. Every bump in the road, drivetrain noise or suspension movement gets transmitted to the chassis. You'll either need a good stereo or a loud exhaust system in order to cover it up. For the street, you really don't want rod ends. Besides that, you would be replacing the rod ends frequently.

Comment

Quality rods ends will run you about $25 each. They have to be top of the line, like the QA1 Kevlar lined ends.

I have rods ends on my lower control arms and torque arm. Very "solid" and a bit on the noisy side... but as Joe points out, the exhaust, and the rattle from the solid roller motor are so loud that I can't hear much of anything in the car anyway - I've already deleted the stereo . But its a track car, not a street machine.

One compromise for a street car would be a poly bushing on the body end of the arm, and a rod end on the axle end to eliminate bind.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well I'm not sure about the rod ends but I bought the BMRs with poly/poly ends. About 2 weeks ago I got tired of the noise and ordered rubber replacement bushings. Even the polys are too loud for me. When I through my car in a hard left turn I can hear the right rear bearing. I can't hear the left one on a right turn though. I've been too busy with other things to put them on though.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

well i think im going to try it but im going to make the panhard bar first the rod ends that sphon use are only 23 dollars each and the tube adapters are only 8 bucks so its it will only be about 70 bucks
          1995 formula firebird
          mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

Working...
          X