Valve covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve covers

I am in need of some new valve covers for my 383. I want some chrome ones but they need to be taller than stock to pass the roller rocker poly locks. Any good places to get them for a resonable price? Will LT4 covers work, or are they the same as the LT1, which is the same as the L98. I tried a few on ebay but cant find anything that is taller than stock.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

The LT4 valve covers are like the Corvette LT1 covers - plastic composite.

The LT1 F-Body valve covers are metal, similar to the 3rd Gen, but have a dent in the front of passenger side cover to clear the bottom of the alternator.

I think the nicest thing around are the polished aluminum covers.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      The LT4 valve covers are like the Corvette LT1 covers - plastic composite.

The LT1 F-Body valve covers are metal, similar to the 3rd Gen, but have a dent in the front of passenger side cover to clear the bottom of the alternator.

I think the nicest thing around are the polished aluminum covers.
      Im mostly worried about clearance between the poly locks and the valve cover, as the stock L98 is about a half inch to short. Although polishe aluminum would be nice but I dont want to look to Chrom like under the hood, as I have tha polished super ram polished alt. chrome timing cover, oil pan, polished fuel pump cover, polished ceramic headers, chrome master brake cyl. stainless lines, chrome rad cover, aluminum rad with polished tanks, chrome maf holder, chrome brake resivoir cover.... You get the Idea. I just dont want it to look to busy, if you know what I mean?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

In a pinch, there is such a thing as a valve cover spacer...... goes between the cover and the head and increases the overall installed height of the covers. The only downside is that you need longer bolts and twice as many gaskets.

Comment

I like the polished aluminum valvecovers on street motors. There are a ton of people that sell the LT1 specific valve covers with the notch in the front of the passenger side valvecover.

I have quite a few links at home on my home PC. I will post them when I get home later. I even have a link for some carbon fiber LT1 specific valvecovers but they are big bucks I think.

Comment

Working...
          X