Its always something....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its always something....

So I took my car to get inspectied today, and they gave me the list of stuff for the safety inspection.....It's gonna be expensive. I need three new tires plus alignment etc. A new rear brake caliper and pads, plus a new master cylinder, along with fixing a problem that was making my accelerator stick sometimes (the car just wanted to go fast all the time I guess!!) anyway that plus tax and labor did not make a good way to start the day. But the guy said that he thinks it'll pass emissinos, so at least theres one positive thing. Sorry just venting.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Hey man, it always blows dishing out a good amout of $$$, but look at it this way, your ride needed it and that's just a couple things to knock off on the restoration process.

Good luck with everything, hopefully it doesn't take too big of a chunk out of your wallet
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Wow that's a list, but at least it's not too bad. I have to have mine inspected this weekend for the insurance company. I hope they don't lift the hood and see my sc.....

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
        Wow that's a list, but at least it's not too bad. I have to have mine inspected this weekend for the insurance company. I hope they don't lift the hood and see my sc.....
        they cant fail you because you have a super charger. as long as you pass emissions, if thats a requirment in your state, the no biggie.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          they cant fail you because you have a super charger. as long as you pass emissions, if thats a requirment in your state, the no biggie.
          She said she has to have the inspection for her insurance company... I guess to determine her premiums? I've never heard of a company actually inspecting the cars it's going to insure though.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
            She said she has to have the inspection for her insurance company... I guess to determine her premiums? I've never heard of a company actually inspecting the cars it's going to insure though.
            When I first moved to NC, State farm did a walk around on one of my cars, never opened the hood. They just wanted to make sure there was no existing body damage, broken glass, etc. before covering it for collision.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Yah, I think that's the reason. I went with Geico, and actually did save some money, and got a better policy. I was worried that if they saw my mods, they might get antsy with the calculator. I have to take it to Pep Boys during "daylight hours". If I don't get it in they cancel my policy. Bought it online. Id love to drive a beater f-body in there just to see their reaction....

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
                Yah, I think that's the reason. I went with Geico, and actually did save some money, and got a better policy. I was worried that if they saw my mods, they might get antsy with the calculator. I have to take it to Pep Boys during "daylight hours". If I don't get it in they cancel my policy. Bought it online. Id love to drive a beater f-body in there just to see their reaction....
                Most agents are only looking for obvious damage but in your case, they are looking for nitrous bottles, headers, black rubber on the inner fenders, purge valves, etc.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X