Muscle cars anyone???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle cars anyone???

Nah, I don't have pictures of beautiful american muscle here, nor do I have a link.

The other day I went to an awesome car show not too far from my house that I just found out about....and I guess happens every wednesday too

So many beautiful muscle cars there....just reminded me how much I love and appreciate those cars.

I'm only turning 20 in august...never lived through that era, but I know a decent amount of you guys have. Was just curious as to what types of muscle or sports cars you guys have owned throughout the years. Pictures would be awesome too if you got 'em.

I know it seems soooooooo overdone, but ever since I saw this as a 4 year old I fell in love with it......
    70 Chevelle SS (LS6) painted red with 2 black stripes

Countless others I could name as well, but if I could have one, that would be it.

How about you guys...what have you had the privledge of owning throughout the years? What would be your one dream muscle car?
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

I would like a 70 Dodge Challenger like my dad had. 440 six pak w/ pistol grip 4 speed. Loved that car. He showed me how to turn a wrench on it. Rally dash, nice. Would definetly have to upgrade the stereo though. 3 speaker am sux.

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
      I would like a 70 Dodge Challenger like my dad had. 440 six pak w/ pistol grip 4 speed. Loved that car. He showed me how to turn a wrench on it. Rally dash, nice. Would definetly have to upgrade the stereo though. 3 speaker am sux.
      Did it have the AM 8 track with the wheel volume and tuning knobs. I remember those days. I was 6 years old then.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

dont have pics here at work..

but my first was a 327 cu in 350 hp Camaro... it got totalled..with me in it.
        my second was a 68 SS 396 Chevelle. ended up re doing the heads, went to an aluminum high rise manifold, twin holley 780's with secondary gear drive squirters, Isky RPM 300 3/4 race cam, 4:11 rear (it was a 4 speed), custom ladder bars, Hooker Headers with a quick disconnect collectors at the tube junction, Mickey thompson street/drag tires, chrome reverse rims in the back, crager chromes up front, hurst shifter with aluminum t handle, ..................

naw...dont remember much about her....LOL

dern..you got me started....

65 Impala SS..twas a slug though..2 speed slush box auto.....

then i left the scene ...had to finish college (i went back after my 4 yr tour in the AF)...my wife needed a good reliable car to drive to work everyday... and i was surfing big time all the time in competition on the east coast....so i got a jeep commando...LOL

went all the way till 1983...then...its been trans ams ever since...cept for the CompTA and the Firehawk of course..

and now the goat.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have a few "dream cars" from that era. I'll try to narrow it down to three. (In no specific order)....

Shelby Cobra 427 Side Oiler - Blue w/ white stripes

'70 AAR Cuda - Sublime

'69 Yenko Camaro - Any color
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Dang wolfman, you've had a nice history of gm muscle in your life it seems

That must have been a heartbreaking day with your camaro...I would have cried. That chevelle you had though must have been pretty sick...it sure seems like it

Originally posted by 02 WS6
            '69 Yenko Camaro - Any color
            Ahhh yes....the yenko...my favorite of all camaros....well....maybe tied with a ZL1
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

well im only 17 but i love these muscle cars i currently own 2, a 67 camaro and a 79 trans am, and my dad just got a 72 chevelle,the camaro was an original 327 4spd car and the Trans am was a 400 4spd car now is auto with the 403 olds in it and the chevell is a 454 "4spd rockcrusher" but my dream car is a 69 yenko camaro in black with the white stripes
              1967 Camaro "Project"
              1972 Chevelle "454"
              1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

I'll add another category... All time favorite sleeper.

1) '66 Chevy II

2) '05 GTO

Both cars may not have the super-aggresive looks, but have more than enough power to make many cars look silly.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I've owned lots...... probably my most favorite was my 67 RS/SS Camaro with a solid lifter 396, 4 speed and 4:11 gears. Lots of good memories, a few scary ones too.
                  I've owned half a dozen Chevelles, about the same f-bodies, some Elcaminos, many Vettes........

I want a blue 427 Shelby Cobra.

Comment

1) '66 Chevy II

2) '05 GTO

Both cars may not have the super-aggresive looks, but have more than enough power to make many cars look silly.
                    You forgot the biggest sleeper of them all.....

that 6 cylinder grocery getter old ladie's buick that came out in the mid to later 80's

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      I've owned lots...... probably my most favorite was my 67 RS/SS Camaro with a solid lifter 396, 4 speed and 4:11 gears. Lots of good memories, a few scary ones too.
                      I've owned half a dozen Chevelles, about the same f-bodies, some Elcaminos, many Vettes........

I want a blue 427 Shelby Cobra.
                      That's awesome.

I love the nonchalantness of the many chevelles, f-bods, and vettes you've owned.....I'm envious

Comment

1) '66 Chevy II

2) '05 GTO

My only "muscle car" is my current 69 GTO 400/400.....frame off resto, all stock.

My favorite sleeper (non-muscle car) would be the 86 Omni GLHS. Who expects to get their doors blown in by an Omni? After that would be the 86/87 Regal T-Type....never owned one, but would like to someday.
                        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I have not had an old car like that, but my next car will be a '68 firebird. Just love the body. I'm quite sure it will not have a stock motor in it.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
                          Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                            My only "muscle car" is my current 69 GTO 400/400.....frame off resto, all stock.
                            Originally posted by 95TransAm
                            Was just curious as to what types of muscle or sports cars you guys have owned throughout the years.
                            Sports cars are more than welcome to the discussion as well my friend

If you've had some sports cars as well, please feel free to share!

Comment

Our new administrators and Sean need to post some pics!!!

I love GTO's....would be very interested in seeing your 69 goat.

Wolf and Joe, man, you guys have had some pretty sweet rides. You guys obviously don't have to, but I would love seeing some pics. It must have been a lot of fun growing up in that era. So many beautiful cars coming at ya left and right. All competing one another the less for the market...good in keeping the costs down as well

Where's Norm also? I know he probably has a 500 page photo album of all the beauties he's owned

Comment

Working...
                              X