Met a Mustang last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met a Mustang last night

OK I will start out by saying I almost always keep it on the track - wife and 2 kids too much to gamble with not to mention innocent bystanders. It was late - about midnight on a 4 lane road near my house. My wife and I were out for a cruise and are sitting at a stop light- a guy in a Mustang GT pulls up next to us and throws a couple of revs. It must've been a 2001+ or so - definitely the newer style (not a 2005) and it sounded amazing. My wife says "take him but be careful" (man I love her). Light turns green and it was not very close even from the start. I hooked well and ran it to about 70 in a 55 MPH zone. He was a couple of car lengths back. The guy was cool - pulled up next to me at the next light and yells over "That's not stock!" He said his mods were typical Mustang - no cats, headers, h-pipe, and flowmasters - again I have to mention the sound of his car - they have that part down. Hopefully I made another F-Body believer out of him.....but probably not.
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Originally posted by casey02ws6
    I have to mention the sound of his car - they have that part down.
    Yep.... they do sing a nice song, but unless you are a bystander you'll never hear it. They end up too far behind.

Comment

No doubt!! It's funny now that my car is, well, "not quiet" I don't get too many cars wanting to play on the street. This is a good thing because a guy can only take so much temptation I did have an SRT4 (aka Neon) wanting to play - with 3 teenage buddies stuffed in - not to mention temp tags. I resisted the temptation to smack him around in front of his friends because I kept seeing the headlines....4 teens killed when SRT4 goes off of the road drag racing a Trans Am....not worth it for the ego boost
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Comment

Nice work! We've gotta keep them in their place.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, too bad is wasn't a closer race but at least the guy was cool about it afterwards and wasn't bitter. Another score for the f-body .
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

The 4.6L SOHC sounds absolutely incredible... it's even better than the DOHC 4.6L that's in the Mach1 and Cobra.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
              OK I will start out by saying I almost always keep it on the track - wife and 2 kids too much to gamble with not to mention innocent bystanders. It was late - about midnight on a 4 lane road near my house. My wife and I were out for a cruise and are sitting at a stop light- a guy in a Mustang GT pulls up next to us and throws a couple of revs. It must've been a 2001+ or so - definitely the newer style (not a 2005) and it sounded amazing. My wife says "take him but be careful" (man I love her). Light turns green and it was not very close even from the start. I hooked well and ran it to about 70 in a 55 MPH zone. He was a couple of car lengths back. The guy was cool - pulled up next to me at the next light and yells over "That's not stock!" He said his mods were typical Mustang - no cats, headers, h-pipe, and flowmasters - again I have to mention the sound of his car - they have that part down. Hopefully I made another F-Body believer out of him.....but probably not.
              Did ya remember to stamp your fender? lol

I've got a friend with a 99 GT...and she absolutely adores the Z . Chaulk another one up for the F-body...and your wife, because its always that much cooler when she's eggin' ya on (that's bad, I know lol )

***EDIT***

1600th post lol
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I really want to meet up with an 03/04 Cobra to see where I stand. The problem is finding a stock or near stock one!

Comment

Working...
                X