Blasted scammers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasted scammers

Got an e-mail last night, supposedly from paypal alerting me to an authorized access to my account. It goes on to say that an investigation is underway and to click the link for more details. The link leads to a page that one would think is an official paypal site...... too bad for the orginiator couldn't totally block me from seeing the original link address. The scam is for people to click on the link, log in with your password so now the scammer has all of your information to clean out your account.

You would think that people that are talented enough to come up with a scam like this would find a way to be successful in the ethical world.

Anyway, forewarded the e-mail to spoof@paypal.com and they are on him like white on rice.

If you get any kind of e-mail like this, it's a scam......never enter your password like that from a link. Always hand type the address so you know exactly where you are going.

Good job Joe. I get about 5 of those a day. I don't know what is legit and what isn't so I just delete them all. Now that you brought my attention to this alert system, I'll be forwarding them.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

with paypal, they will always address you by name in their emails, and won't attempt to get you to click on a link. Instead they'll say "log into your paypal account" to do something. Most companies use things similar to this. If they address you only as "valued customer" and attempt to scare you into thinking your account will be closed and provide you with a link to click on, it's likely a scam.

here's a website with a test to see whether or not you can spot the fake emails:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...shingtest.html
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
      X