exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

hey guys i have a 98' firebird and its a v6 3.8 liter. ive been talking to people about how to deepen the tone of it and i havent had many suggestions. one guy said somthin about a turbo muffler... i was just wonderin if any1 knew anything i could do to make my v6 sound a little meaner thanks
    1998 black firebird

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

Get a catback system like a Magnaflow it's not to pricey and it sounds damn good on my Z28. Im sure it would make your V6 sound good to
    -1995 Z28 T-Top
    -A4
    -Mods
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow Catback
    More to come...

Comment

The problem that you will be faced with is that the same exhaust system that gives you a little deeper tone at idle and low rpms will allow the sound to be blatty and harsh as the motor revs. The V6s don't have the displacement that the V8s do nor do they move as much air. The only exhaust I have heard on a naturally aspirated V6 f-body that sounded fairly good is a borla muffler back section originally available for the early 4th gen cars. It is not the adjustable cat back, it is a muffler and tailpipes (complete with tips) and is non adjustable.

Comment

Working...
      X