NFB: Where'd that dozer go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Where'd that dozer go?

We get some amazing photos at work sometimes. Nobody was in it.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

That IS an amazing machine! What do they call that?

Comment

Ultimate Earth Mover This is the largest earth mover
      in the world.....*
      built by the German company, Krupp, and seen here crossing a federal highway in Germany en route to its destination (an open-pit coal mine).*
      It is cheaper to move the thing like this, than to construct or reassemble onsite. Specifications: * ~ The mover stands* 311 feet tall and 705 feet long. ~ It weighs over 45,500 tons ~ Cost $100 million to build ~ Took 5 years to design and manufacture ~ 5 years to assemble.* ~ Requires 5 people to operate it. ~ The Bucket Wheel is over 70 feet in diameter with 20 buckets,
      each of which can hold over 530 cubic feet of material.* ~ A 6-foot man can stand up inside one of the buckets.* ~ It moves on 12 crawlers
      (each is 12 feet wide, 8' high and 46 feet long).*
      There are 8 crawlers in front and 4 in back.*
      It has a maximum speed of 1 mile in 3 hours (1/3 mile/hour). ~ It can remove over 76,455 cubic meters each day. (100,000 large dump trucks at 40yds. each) or one bulldozer.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

where are yall located? looks like New Mexico or Az.......? that digger is unreal!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That was in Germany.

I'm In Clayton NC. Caterpillar Building Construction Products factory and world headquarters

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
            That was in Germany.

I'm In Clayton NC. Caterpillar Building Construction Products factory and world headquarters
            ahh..got cha.

dad lives in goldsboro......brother in greeville, and sis in rosewood...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              ahh..got cha.

dad lives in goldsboro......brother in greeville, and sis in rosewood...
              I'm surrounded!

I lived in Goldsboro for 9 years, moved to Smithfield in '02, only 10 minutes to get to work now.

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I saw that on a Discovery show. They said one of the coolest things was seeing two of them passing each other on their way to diiferent jobsites. Awesome machine.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Wow! That thing is massive! Pretty amazing machine.

Comment

that thing is sweet as hell, i think finally something that proly gets worse gas milage than my car haha

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                      I saw that on a Discovery show. They said one of the coolest things was seeing two of them passing each other on their way to diiferent jobsites. Awesome machine.
                      If they was only going .333 mph, you would have to stand there for an hour to see who was passing whom...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                        If they was only going .333 mph, you would have to stand there for an hour to see who was passing whom...
                        It took them awhile. I believe it was on Modern Marvels. They were going through some farm land and one of the operators said it was the most immpressive thing he's ever seen. Having two massive machines like this pass each other (at a very slow speed) was incredible.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                        X